bumbum
Module File for Not Found!
  • 2004/11/9 13:10

• bumbum

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

I've noticed that many (if not most) of the modules in the repository seem to have files missing that are preventing me from installing them. When I upload them to the modules directory i get the error message 'Module File for Not Found!' and they cannot be installed.
Are there some kind of generic files that I should get or is there some kind of common process that will get them up and running.

dheltzel
Re: Module File for Not Found!
  • 2004/11/9 13:26

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Are you putting the modules exactly one directory below the modules dir? Like this:

html/modules/agendax

(there html is the main dir of Xoops)

Also, renaming the module directories is not a good idea, as some have hard-coded directory names, like $XOOPS_ROOT/modules/agendax/myfile.php, so renaming or moving the dir would make that break.

If that's not it, can you give an example of the error message you get about the missing files?

Dennis

Rickb
  • 2004/11/11 7:14

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/24

How do you you delete these incorrect entries? I tried everything. I have these blank entries now.

Installing AdsNews 13 did ok. The update 2.0 does not register with XOOPS and gives me the error statement,"Module File for Not Found.

Much appreciate any help,

Rick

JasonMR
  • 2004/11/11 7:30

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

If there is a statement:
Quote:

Module File for Not Found

..then this indicates, that the script finds a folder in the module folder, that has no xoops_version.php file.

Remove those folders.

Rickb
  • 2004/11/11 15:51

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

I have removed these folders but these entries are still there. I think this is possibly a weak part of the module management module is that unknown mods can add null tables.

Can you fix this in the mysql?

Rick

bumbum
  • 2004/11/20 13:55

• bumbum

• Just popping in

I've found that a lot of the modules come packed in a directory containing two directories -> docs & html. If I follow on from that e.g. phpaddsnew/html/modules/adds/ the files I need are there so it's only the final directory that I require 'adds'.
Dropping this into the modules directory has sorted out a lot of the problems I was having and more modules are now working but there are still some problems with some of them. For example 'Discography Database Module 1.2' It seems to be missing the logo image but it allows you to install it. then, only after the install, does it display that old 'module for file not found message'. I've found this with a few more modules.
Eploring down through the html files did get a lot more of them working though.

Rickb
  • 2004/11/23 0:42

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Bumbum,

You say:
Quote:
If I follow on from that e.g. phpaddsnew/html/modules/adds/ the files I need are there so it's only the final directory that I require 'adds'.

Which version of phpAdNews are you referencing? I have no problem with 1.3 it is version 2.x that I do not think has a XOOPS module.

Rick

bumbum
  • 2004/11/24 11:39

• bumbum

• Just popping in

I'm not necessarily referring to the phpadds module as such. I'm just making a point that with many modules you have to browse through the html & module directory to get the files you really want. This only seems to apply to certain modules and I only found this out through expirimentation.
I'm a little confused as to why this is but now that I know about it, I've been able to get a few more modules to work.

Login

Who's Online

241 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 241

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits