jonboylm
Calender Module idea
  • 2004/11/6 20:03

• jonboylm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/6

As i am completely unfamiliar with the php coding of modules for the XOOPS interface i come here for help. I've been working on an idea for a new module for my website and here it is.

I want to make some sort of a calender.. Where in when you click the link to this module a somewhat mini month calendar would be shown.. Admin would be able to enter brief text in each day of that month for the calendar that would be visible.. Just to give an idea of the size. Each day will be able to be clicked on by a viewer. This will bring up a page with specific information of that day. Where in a description of the even scheduled will be stated and a list of people who have signed up for that days event. There would also be a very small 1 query line form where a viewer could enter their name and it would be added to the existing list for that day. a sign up form if you will. As far as admin capabilities i'd imagine all that would be necessary is data entry on calendar face itself and with each days description page. Also adjusting the dates. I'd figure the rest of the coding would basically be driven by the signup form that automatically adds names to list...

Now i'd imagine it'd probably be possible to take existing modules and edit them maybe or combine a couple modules all of which i am very unfamiliar with. If anyone could help me out with either designing this its self or combining modules it would be very much appreciated. If compensation is necessary just let me know. That is if this can be done reasonably.

Thanks in advance
Jon

rowdie
Re: Calender Module idea
  • 2004/11/6 20:39

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

A feature is being added to the extcal calendar module which should suit your needs. It allows a registered user to 'sign up' to an event. The submitter of an event can choose whether to allow this feature for their event. Also, the webmaster can choose to allow this option only to members of certain groups, or not at all.

I'm actually working on this now, but I can't give you an estimate on when it will be finished. You'll hear when it's done

Rowd

jonboylm
  • 2004/11/6 20:48

• jonboylm

• Just popping in

sounds good... with this sign up capability... would it be able to list the people who have signed up within the date description page?

Jon

rowdie
  • 2004/11/6 21:09

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

My design has the list of names displayed with the event page, not the day. My thinking is that the day page would get messy very quickly if there are a lot of people attending a lot of events on the same day. Unless you can suggest a good way of presenting it... I'm still in the early stages of development and it can still be changed if you can convince me that it's a good idea .

The number of people attending an event _will_ be listed on the date page, however. I just didn't see a need to list all the names there as well.

Rowd

jonboylm
  • 2004/11/6 21:14

• jonboylm

• Just popping in

perhaps i am confused. Lets say you have the calender and you click a date... this is where you would be able to sign up no??? i'm speaking along the lines of when you click a certain date it would bring up some sort of event description page... on this page a description of the event, list of people signed up, and breif sign up form would all be located?? is that what you're talking about?

Jon

loudo
  • 2004/11/6 21:57

• loudo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

Hello,
I have made a module who seems to be like you want.
You can see it at this sitehttp://loudo.agora-system.com

jonboylm
Re:Calender Module idea
  • 2004/11/6 22:24

• jonboylm

• Just popping in

i suppose that is the idea but without the calendar or maybe i didn't find it.. your site was a bit confusing to me as most of it was in a different language. but to me it looks like what i want minus the visual calendar part.
jon

loudo
  • 2004/11/7 8:49

• loudo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

you have minical. you have not found it ?

jonboylm
  • 2004/11/7 16:28

• jonboylm

• Just popping in

i see it now that i loaded page again.. somehow i missed that.. after playing around with what you have there it is a bit off from what i'm looking for. but its the closest things i've found so far. however i've been playing around with a php calendar script i found at hotscripts.com and i might be on the right track. i'll keep ya posted.

Jon

Login

Who's Online

93 user(s) are online (43 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 93

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits