smartroad
Picture storage with MyAlbum-P
  • 2004/11/3 22:04

• smartroad

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 8

I use MyAlbum-P on my site, but have limited webspace. A friend has offered to allow me to host the images on his site, however MAP only seems to allow access to my own site and will not allow storage elsewhere.

Is it possable to make MAP to store the images on another site? Or is there another gallery module that will allow it that anyone is aware of?

Kelvin

tedsmith
Re: Picture storage with MyAlbum-P
  • 2004/11/3 22:34

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

You could research the possibility of storing the images in your SQL database as BLOBs because most web hosts do not have a restriction on the size of the database - just the size of your web space. I thought about it once and decided against it in the long run due to the potential volume of pictures I envisaged storing (over a period of a year or two). MySQL state themselves that it is not designed for picture storage - but that said, the BBC site does it that way, so...

The trouble is I'm not sure from memory whether MyAlbum allows BLOB storage? I know you can tell the XOOPS Image manager in System Admin\Images to store as BLOB but not sure about MyAlbum. Have a look.

Apart from that, I'm sorry but I can't help.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits