bitblaster
What I use
  • 2004/11/2 21:59

• bitblaster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/2

I use Canaca (www.canaca.com or something like that)

for $7.95 a month, I get basically unlimited space for a single site: 20 gigs of space, 200 gigs of bandwidth.
I get 5 SQL databases (I can install virtually unlimited XOOPS into a database because of the table prefixes being different)

I recommend Canaca - they are wonderful, and have great support!

Also, I will give someone some of my extra space if they help me customize my XOOPS system with custom logos and graphics, and possibly help integrating squirrelmail or something...

I am fairly new to XOOPS, I have heard it is nearly hacker-proof, and there are more devs than php-nuke (they only have one), and my php-nuke site got hacked several times through exploited bugs, I am happy with xoops, the only thing I hate about it is the newBB integration built in by default... I believe it should have IPB by default, and there should be an updated coppermine module for photo gallery.

Anyhow, I can not express how much I appriciate you guys making this all possible - I would have an empty directory if it wasn't for you, I am learning PHP, I do not know much, but I plan on customizing and eveuntally releasing my own modules!

brash
Re:What I use
  • 2004/11/2 22:53

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi bitblaster,

Glad you like Xoops. There is an IPB module available for Xoops, but IPB is not a free module anymore, which will probably be a limiting factor for its future use with Xoops. NewBB might be a little n the simple side, but it is FAST, and NewBB 2 is also nearing completion which has a far larger feature set than NewBB 1. I'd love to see an updated port of the coppermine photo gallery module (xcgallery) too, but I've been using the existing one (based on coppermine version 1.1 from memory) for quite a while which seems to be quite good. I'd love to see the ability for watermarking and support for video as well though.

bitblaster
Re:What I use
  • 2004/11/3 0:15

• bitblaster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/2

Ok brash, thanks for your support.

Login

Who's Online

127 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 127

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits