Mirek
Should adding a full news block to the main page be this hard?
  • 2004/11/2 4:16

• Mirek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/2

My friend and I (neither of which are novice computer users) have been trying to add a block with the news to the main page for hours now; I don't mean the default one that just lists the topic and the date... but a full one like is listed in the news module (or close). Like I said after hours of editing templates and php files with only moderate success we are ready to give up... never have we had this much trouble with something so simple... I'm amazed that this isn't a default block actually...

We thought we could just more or less get the code from the news module and make a new block, but none of the variables are passed correctly there and it's just one problem after another.

In any case, can someone offer some assistance on how to accomplish listing a news block with all of the features (all of the posted by blah, and comments links... all that)

A ready made block that does this would be awesome, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Was loving XOOPS until all of this... hehe

Thanks in advance,
Mirek

beerMe
Re: Should adding a full news block to the main page be this hard?
  • 2004/11/2 16:39

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/13

Go to Admin -- Preferences -- General Preferences and choose "News" as your default module. If it still doesn't look right, write me back. Good luck!

Mirek
Re: Should adding a full news block to the main page be this hard?
  • 2004/11/3 4:50

• Mirek

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/2

thank you much :) I knew there just had to be an easy way to do this ... unfortunately we upgraded to news 1.21 while trying to get this to work and now all of our news is getting archived as soon as it is posted, heh.. I guess we can figure that out.

As a follow up question, is there any way to get the news module to show up on domain.com/ instead of redirecting to domain.com/modules/news ? could of just done that with an .htaccess file, hehe (yeah I'm picky ;) )

Thanks again,
Mirek

Login

Who's Online

327 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 327

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits