libervis
Wiki mess... what's the best of it?
  • 2004/11/1 1:42

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

Hello..

I've been researching around this forums, google and everything in order to find some goog wiki solution for xoops, but i ended up in "mess" so to speak as nothing really hits the mark. Even if it "almost" does technically, it turns our that the module is not in development anymore so i would be stuck with the same version all the time or would be forced to move to other system at some point which would be a real pain when you already got content.

Here's what exactly have i found?

wikimod - simply, but being simple is both an advantage and disadvantage. If it would only use the xoopscode and/or support html i'd maybe consider using it.

wiwimod - a wikimod clone with wysiwyg editors support (htmlarea and spaw), htmlarea is rather buggy and spaw does not support firefox. And wysiwyg is sluggish. It looks nice, but has some strange "bugs"..

wakka module - looks pretty good, but is no longer in development (and it's in 0.1).

pukiwiki - great actually, but also seems to lack xoopscode and html support. Also, too much japanese.

bwiki - practically same as pukiwiki only less functionall and buggy

phpwiki - haven't installed it yet (as it's heavy), but it looks nice from demos. Only if it would still be alive (last update in may 2003)

So.. my question: What would you choose out of this mess? What could be the best choice? Where is the hope?

Thanks
Daniel

davidl2
Re:Wiki mess... what's the best of it?
  • 2004/11/1 1:55

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

wiwimod seems to be the most recently supported...

libervis
  • 2004/11/1 2:39

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Yes, wiwimod seems to actually be the only one "officiall" being supported by someone..

But i just don't like the slugishness of it's heavy htmlarea wysiwyg editor. If it could only have a "none" option besides spaw and html area for editing pages..

Thanks
Daniel

zeniko
Re: Wiki mess... what's the best of it?
  • 2004/11/1 22:01

• zeniko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/16

Adding XoopsCode support to WikiMod is actually pretty simple (and a good idea, as well). Within a day or two, a new version could be ready. Are you interested?

libervis
  • 2004/11/1 23:42

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Thank you for offering this Zeniko, but Xavier (the author of wiwimod has just provided a hack that adds XOOPS editor option besides htmlarea and spaw so i'll try that now..

However, i believe there would be others interested in your hack, the ones who already use wikimod or are considering it due to it's simplicity..

Thank you
Daniel

carnuke
  • 2004/11/1 23:47

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

have you seen cowikihttp://www.develnet.org/2.html Very nice wiki, but a pain to install I think.

libervis
  • 2004/11/2 1:04

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Yes.. but it seems not to work in xoops.. If i'd be looking for a general wiki system (not integrated in xoops) i would be using mediawiki right away (it powers wikipedia).

Thanks though
Daniel

zeniko
  • 2004/11/2 14:03

• zeniko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/16

I just uploaded WikiMod v0.98 [28 KB]. It allows you to choose between its own markup and XoopsCode (with or without HTML).

Additionally, WikiMod now includes basic diff functionality, allowing the administrators to quickly view the changes between page revisions.

Further enhancements include a "Recent Changes" block and a fourth supported language: Spanish.

libervis
  • 2004/11/10 0:06

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Hey zeniko..

Sorry for not replying for so long.. i wasn't subscribed for the thread and forgot to check it as Xavier provided a patch to allow for functionality i was looking for.

However, as Xaviers wiwimod is currently experiencing some bugs and the xoopseditor he put inside doesn't supports xoopscode (it doesn't renders it on the page) i am trying yours.

I am wondering if you are going to continue to develop and support wikimod further than this? I ask because, until now, it seemed like a dead project..

Thank you
Daniel

libervis
  • 2004/11/10 0:20

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Hm.. i just got an idea.. Why don't you Zeniko and Xavier join forces and work on one wiki module instead of two very similar ones.

The bugs you have currently seem not to be very serious ones and with enought time and some effort all can be quickly squashed.

The wiwimod is based on wikimod, but offers more choices for editing (spaw, htmledit and xoopstandard) and also has some other very nice features. I believe it would be therefore better to join forces on wiwimod for the sake of better support and developing the best and at the same time simple and easy to use wiki system for xoops.

I would be interested in helping you both by doing what i can such as testing and reporting bugs.

What do you think?

Thank you
Daniel

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits