googul
Will upgrade of xoops core mess up existing modules?
  • 2004/10/24 11:24

• googul

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/16

Hi...

I'm new to the groups of Xoopsers.. I'm currently using 2.0.7.3 on my googul.net..

Just saw that XOOPS is getting ready with 2.0.9 with beta already released so that we all can make our codes php5 compliant.. However my question is...

Will an upgrade cause the existing modules not to work? or any such possible problems? Plese give me an insight on this...

Thnx in advance :)

Herko
Re:Will upgrade of xoops core mess up existing modules?
  • 2004/10/24 11:44

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

No, we try not to break any modules, but that depends heavily on how modules use the core. If they use it as intended, then everything should be ok. If not....
Also, the reason for publishing a beta version is to test if there are any bugs that will break modules, so we hope everyone will help find a definitive answer to your question

Herko

Mithrandir
Re: Will upgrade of xoops core mess up existing modules?

We are attempting some things in 2.0.9 - PHP5 compatibility is one thing that we hope (but do not guarantee) will be accomplished.

Existing modules will not be affected by upgrading the core - but if you plan to change to PHP5, you may find problems with some modules.

I have personally tested the 2.0.9 on PHP5 and did not find any problems in the core

Do keep in mind that it is a beta, so do not come running to us if things on your vital corporate website is not working with 2.0.9 (they *should* but I am not going to take that responsibility )

googul
Re:Will upgrade of xoops core mess up existing modules?
  • 2004/10/24 12:52

• googul

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/16

Actually.. I forgot.. I have a better option.. I've installed a test system in my computer namely Easy PHP 1.7.7 so that we could test out scripts locally.. So if i upgrade it in my system and find no probs, then it should be working remotely as well.. Am i not correct?? .. But does it have any thing to do with the PHP version unless until PHP5 becomes compliant??

Login

Who's Online

119 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 119

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits