cssndr
prevent the access to the page of the user profile after login
  • 2004/10/23 14:07

• cssndr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/23

If I mistake the login I am sent to the page of the password recovery. From this page if I insert the user and the password name corrected I am sent to the page of the profile. How can I instead load the page of the News?

tl
Re: prevent the access to the page of the user profile after login
  • 2004/10/23 15:17

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Xoops always keeps a re-direct link for user logins, so it will direct user back to where he/she starts from. Once you were to log in from user.php page because you had supplied wrong user/password combo, you would be re-directed back to user.php page which would show your profile.

Unless you modify user.php or /include/checklogin.php file, there is not much you can do about it. If you were to make changes, then you would lost XOOPS re-direct feature.

Little TIP:
But if in the future you were to be directed to user.php for re-login because of wrong password, click your browswer's back botton and re-login with your correct password. This way you would be re-directed back to where you started from.

cssndr
  • 2004/10/23 22:09

• cssndr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/23

I have added the beginning of the USERINFO.PHP file the instruction:

if ($uid = 2) {
redirect_header('index.php', 0);
exit();
}
forcing the system to send me to the INDEX.PHP primitive but effective solution.
I know the PHP language little and he anchors less the XOOPS structure. Does someone know a more elegant solution?

tl
  • 2004/10/23 22:16

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

You can take a look at this
http://xoops-tips.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=28

As I have mentioned, you will be effectively removing the Xoops' redirect feature. That may not be desireable to other users - if someone is browsing Newbb, he or she would like to be directed back to Newbb for posting, not the directory you have specified. So take your pick.

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits