WhoaGirl
HELP, stupid newbie getting a blank page
  • 2004/10/18 1:21

• WhoaGirl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/18

Just downloaded XOOPS and didn't think I *was* such a newbie at installation of anything, but this has got me going...

installation does just fine, i am installing to a subfolder from root BUT after installation all I get is a blank page for index.php

I'm really tearing my hair out here, thanks in advance.

Oh! view source shows only html tags (html, body)

UPDATE: reading the Wiki page (ok, I only got 5 hours sleep last night) and turning on debug. As I suspected, it is probably a permissions problem so early in the game

m0nty
Re:HELP, stupid newbie getting a blank page
  • 2004/10/18 1:32

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you could try using the search function and searching for blank page after install..

sorry, but this question gets asked numerous times a day every day and people get tired of repeating themselves..

a likely hint tho, check folder permissions and make sure templates_c, cache, uploads are chmod 777

there could be a number of reasons, but most of the blank page problems on this forum that have already been asked and answered are likely to give you the help you need :)

other than that.. Welcome to the wonderful world of Xoops, and i hope the blank page doesn't put you off or my comment above.. i'm sure you'll find the solution tho..

you can't get a better community than what you will find here :)

Login

Who's Online

542 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 542

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits