carnuke
XOOPS and 500,000 members
  • 2004/10/17 20:55

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I am investigating possibilties for using XOOPS for 500,000 members plus. Currently an organisation is using yahoo and has outgrown it's facilities. (What a surprise) and is looking for an alternative. The logistics of a transition are awesome, and some extensive research must be carried out. Does anyone have any experience of running a site or multiple sites with this scale? The organisation is multinational and its membership is set to grow to over 1M in the next 1-2 years.

Any ideas regarding the server structure and requirements will be much appreciated.

Thanks

m0nty
Re:XOOPS and 500,000 members
  • 2004/10/17 21:21

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i can't give u much as regard to how it will cope.. in theory it should do quite easily..

but what % of the members are going to be actually a) online and logged on at once? b) how many people are u expecting to be viewing the site at the same time?

either way it's going to be a large amount, so i'd say a dedicated server is going to be the only viable option, 1 with a good cpu, lots of memory and lots of bandwidth..

i wouldn't even recommend trying to run a site as large as that on a hosted server..

have you got any stats to go on from yahoo etc? they should give you a rough idea of the bandwidth you may require..

Login

Who's Online

458 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 458

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits