martyboy
xoops hosting request
  • 2004/10/15 17:07

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi, my current host has installed php5 and my XOOPS site is no longer working and it looks like they are unwilling to revert to php 4.3.9...so looks like time to change hosts, here is what i would like.

1.UK based host with UK based phone support number.(servers dont have to be in the UK)

2.1gb space

3.30gb bandwidth/month

4.Moving of my current XOOPS site from old server to new server(willing to pay extra fee for this task)

5.cpanel with fantastico for installing XOOPS if No.4 doesnt work or XOOPS preinstalled by a tech staff(would also be willing to pay a small extra fee for this)

6.Good uptime and customer support/service is a must.

Thanks, anyhelp would be appreciated.

Looking to spend under £150.00 per year but would pay more depending on service.

Mithrandir
Re: xoops hosting request

You can also help us make XOOPS PHP5 compatible by trying out Xoops 2.0.8 experimental beta

Herko
Re:xoops hosting request
  • 2004/10/15 17:37

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

I'm with www.SurpassHosting.com, it's very good, for a very low price. US based tho, but XOOPS friendly.

Herko

martyboy
  • 2004/10/15 18:38

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Thanks for your replys.

I should probably post this in a different forum so feel free to move it later, its with regards to XOOPS 2.0.8.

I tried installing the 2.0.7 - 2.0.8 patch after my host had advised me to do so, I run XOOPS 2.7.3 currently.

Anyway I downloaded the patch and installed the new files over the old ones there was also a folder called extra with login.php inside I wasnt too sure about that so I installed it anyway incase i needed it, I also noticed on dev.xoops it says no install script needed but there was a folder called install in the patch which i uploaded again i wasnt too sure so i thought i should upload it incase.

After uploading the files I went to my site and my news module wouldnt work(start module)so I logged in at user.php and went to admin section,It came up install is still in directory warning so i logged back out and deleted that from the server. after that I thought I should update the system module like you normally do when upgrading, but I think that was perhaps the wrong thing to do? I got a server configuration error and then admin went blank and it just kinda got worse.

Whenever I tried to get back into admin it kept coming up 'it appears this is the first time you have enterd the admin area' and when i clicked proceed admin.php was just blank.

Anyway my host is trying to fix my site as we speek but I have a bad feeling I have lost my site and all my content I worked hard on.

To roundup what i found out about 2.0.8 so far:

news1.1 doesnt appear to work
cdbase module doesnt appear to work
mylinks doesnt appear to work

On saying that I am no technical genious and I could have completely messed up when trying to install the patch.

If all goes wrong I wil try out the 2.0.8 beta fully or change host or wait for a public release of 2.0.8 which will work with php5.

Thanks.

Herko
  • 2004/10/15 18:51

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

the login.php in extra's is for SSL logins, not normal logins...

And because you didn't reinstall or deinstall any modules, all the content is still in the database, don't worry about that too much.

Herko

martyboy
  • 2004/10/15 20:01

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

Hi Herko,

well it now appears that my host was completely unable to get my site up and running again and they are refusing to go back to php 4.3.9, so it looks like i will have to move hosts after all.

I checked out that surpass hosting and they look pretty good the space and bandwidth is excellent for the price the pro plan works out at just under £100 a year which i think is excellent so I think I will go with them as long as they have good uptime and good email support then the fact that there is the US doesnt matter.

I have a quick question I have a full back up of my account in a tar.gz file if i download that onto my hardrive is it possible for my XOOPS site and content to be transferred to this new host?

Thanks for your help and advice.

Herko
  • 2004/10/15 20:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Yup, this is possible. You have a full cPanel there with phpmyadmin.

Herko

Jackwan
  • 2004/10/15 21:35

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/8 2

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
I'm with www.SurpassHosting.com, it's very good, for a very low price. US based tho, but XOOPS friendly.

Herko

Herko, can you publish your web site name or pm me. I am not very happy with mine right now and want to check out yours to make a comparison.

thanks

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (99 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits