MyUnitedSoul
Can you pls help me thanks

i am createing a site and i am having a little trouble with adding a music b ground to my site if u could pls help me i would really appriciate it thanks pls respond

nbwork
Re:Can you pls help me thanks
  • 2004/10/13 21:05

• nbwork

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/13

i'm new to this, but maybe i can help

create a custom block and in the block add the html tag that plays a music file, i believe you use the <embed src="FileName.mid"> tag to do this

create a custom block call it music and in the code add the html necessary to play a sound like you would in a normal html page.

hope this helps!

PatsRule
Re:Can you pls help me thanks
  • 2004/10/13 21:57

• PatsRule

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/15

I have music on my site home page only. You can do as nbwork said and create a block JUST for the music..but it would be my assumption that it would also have to show somewhere on the page.
What I did to simplify things is my new members block only appears once you are logged into my site. I just added this code to that block right at the top. This way it only plays on that page.

<EMBED SRC="yourfile.fileformat" VOLUME="50" HEIGHT="60" WIDTH="144" LOOP="False">

The Volume can be set up to 100..full volume. Beware tho you don't blow your members ears out in case their volume is turned up high already. The height and width control the size of the control panel. These #'s here are optimal settings for both Netscape and IE and will show the entire control panel. I set LOOP to false so it only plays once.

There are other attributes you can use but this is basic.

One word of advice. Sounds on pages can be annoying and everytime the user goes back to the page it is on it will play again. That is why I include the panel so it can be shut off and the music being played is set real low in volume. I've jumped out of my skin at times going to a page that has had loud music playing. Especially late at night. Hope this helps.

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits