Tresend
newbb looks weird
  • 2004/10/12 1:44

• Tresend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/15

I just installed newbb regularly and it looks all messed up on my site:http://www.bhsjester.com whats goin on?

also, is there a way to make it so that there aren't any categories, just one forum?

Tresend
Re: newbb looks weird
  • 2004/10/12 3:51

• Tresend

• Just popping in

I realize now it must have something to do with the exnews theme. newbb seems to look pretty bad in the exnews theme and the default theme and x2t really. How can i get it to look as clean as it does here in the exnews theme?

Stewdio
  • 2004/10/12 3:58

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

This is how it's intended to look. What your are seeing that may not look all that well is being rendered in separate CSS classes which you will have to edit. Sorry, I can't remember where to look offhand. You could even create and add your own classes to your theme.css. This of course will take more digging around the template files to see what class calls are being made.

Much of how it will look will depend on the theme your using. So you may be in fora lot of .css editing if you have a favorate them in mind for inclusion of the newwb module.

As for Categories, you must have at least one (1) category before you can make a forum, which appears to be what you have done already on your site.

Let us know if you need more clarification and feel free to suply us with which elements of the forums display you do not find desirable so that maybe oneof us can direct you to what classes are being used.

Tresend
  • 2004/10/12 11:25

• Tresend

• Just popping in

well I'd like it to look exactly as it does here. Here it has white outlined in gray, where in mine has no outline, or sometimes is blue. would it be possible to just use the files from here?

Tresend
Re:newbb looks weird
  • 2004/10/12 21:23

• Tresend

• Just popping in

ok I played with newbb/include/newbb.css to get everything I want except the gray outlines and gray bg for posts that xoops.org has here. I can't figure out how to do that, where that setting is. Anyone know?

Anonymous
  • 2004/10/12 23:46

• Anonymous

• Since:

In the now long comments to the newbb 2 RC2 release article, there are some example for changings, this will be more explain in the final, we havenĀ“t had time to write everything yet....

Tresend
  • 2004/10/13 7:08

• Tresend

• Just popping in

ok I made TONS of changes. But there still seems to be some sort of vertical alignment problem w/ text and icons in header tables. see what I mean?http://www.bhsjester.com/modules/newbb/

any ideas on how to fix that?

thanks for all your help!

Login

Who's Online

65 user(s) are online (56 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 65

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits