Tresend
Using XOOPS for a magazine?
  • 2004/10/5 22:01

• Tresend

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/15

Hi,

I'm starting a magazine (in print) and want to put it online as well. My question is, would it be wiser to use a Blogger for this, or XOOPS? If XOOPS, what modules/themes/hacks, etc. would be needed and/or useful to me?

thanks!

Mithrandir
Re:Using XOOPS for a magazine?

if you go XOOPS (Which is an excellent idea, I hope) you will need a good article management module.

There are quite a few in the module repository here on xoops.org and I will recommend that you try them out - or if you do not have time for that, hire expertise to help guide you - and see which module(s) fit the description.

wcrwcr
  • 2004/10/5 22:24

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi Tresend

I agree with mithrandir too

Besides some very good article managements modules, XOOPS offers to you a very good forum, poll system, newsletter modules and tons of nice features.

Go with It

bobdt
  • 2004/10/5 23:22

• bobdt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/11

An little quest. in the next mount I'll put on line an newspaper and I've think of use module news 1.21 do you think is realy stable for an intensive use or is best use the default news module of XOOPS and wait for news 1.21?

Or you have some name of news module usable for an newspaper?

I've installed news 1.21 for test and is very nice but if use the 2 column view and there is 3 articles that is not alligned but 1 is in middle of the other 2 and another if I change the view from 2 col. to 1 col. some articles come invisible then I must modify manualy the position of the articles of the 2° col. to 1° col. because the module dont make an merge of the 2 col. in 1 col.(1 col. is the view like the news module original version)

ThankYou

Bob

P.S. Sorry for my bud eng.

wcrwcr
  • 2004/10/5 23:33

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Although I?m not using it yet, I guess if you stay around xoops.org You?ll find the answer by yourself.

This is the module that they are using here

Login

Who's Online

195 user(s) are online (153 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 195

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits