lemomo
How to Create a Dynamic Menu
  • 2004/9/29 15:14

• lemomo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/14

I have a project due for this weekend, where I need to create Menu and vertical submenu to show different board member of a non profit organisation.
That's the only thing holding my project, for the biography I would create HTML files and put them into the main segment.

I saw different solutions here, I don't understand anyone of them. I am willing to make a small donation to work this out.
My other solution would go to MAMBO which I don't want to do based on the amount of effort I put in the site.

Thanks all

rcjohnson
Re: How to Create a Dynamic Menu
  • 2004/9/29 15:23

• rcjohnson

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/23

Have you tried out "MultiMenu" yet? Also, tiny content will show main menu and sub-menues.

Which solutions were you looking at?

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/29 15:28

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

unfortunaly MultiMenu doesn't have submenu features yet. BUT it's a very very good menu maker.

lemomo
  • 2004/9/29 16:46

• lemomo

• Just popping in

I was talking about the Java solution.

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/29 18:06

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Javascript menu?

You have to put that menu in the custom block or put it in the theme.html.

jfernau
  • 2004/9/29 18:49

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

lemomo -

As sbkiller mentioned, you will either put the javascript code in your theme.html file or in a custom block.

If you are wondering where to get such code, there are many free and commercial menus available. Before spending any money, you might want to check out Dynamic Drive.

Here's a link to their menu scripts:

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/

Hope that helps.

Good luck!

John

deepti
  • 2004/9/29 20:46

• deepti

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/22

Check out this website.
I added the java script code in my theme. You can do both horizontal and vertical drop down menus, this was the best I found after browsing lot of them.

I hope it Helps.

http://javascript.cooldev.com/scripts/coolmenu/

deepti
  • 2004/9/29 20:52

• deepti

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/22

I see a reply from John above, he actually helped me find the website that I gave.

lemomo
  • 2004/9/29 23:01

• lemomo

• Just popping in

I was abe to create the menu in a block, it works wonderfully well. I have one problem, since the menu is using frame, the next menu item or any other block comes under that menu, in the background, anyone has any idea how to fix this.

jfernau
  • 2004/9/30 2:19

• jfernau

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/29

deepti -

Hi! Glad you found one that works for you. I'm using the "Pro" version of that menu (needed relative positioning), and couldn't be happier with it. I gave lemomo the dynamic drive site because they have a number of free menus, one of which might have worked for me had I known about it at the time.

lemomo -

Crossing frames, are you? Unfortunately, that is one of the "features" that tends to separate the free versions of menus from the ones that cost money.

The link I'm including is for a menu that works either horizontally or vertically, and claims to work across frames.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex1/hvmenu/index.htm

If that doesn't do it for you, then you may do well to click on the link that deepti gave you. You'll need the "Pro" version to handle frames, but if it's worth $49 to you, I'm sure it will work. Unlike some of the non-free menus, you only pay for the menu once, not per domain, and you can use it as much as you like.

Keep us posted.

John

Login

Who's Online

216 user(s) are online (137 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 216

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits