leeloominae
Can I have two forums? and modules question
  • 2004/9/28 15:38

• leeloominae

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/27

Hi, my site uses XOOPS and I'd like to know if I can have two forums on the site.

If this is possible, how can I do it?

And...

my home page shows the three sections (left, center and right) but I want to have my forums pages to display only the left and center. How can I do it? I've tried but I loose the modules on the home page too.

Thank you!!

Leeloominae

Mithrandir
Re: Can I have two forums? and modules question

1. Why do you need more than one forum sections? You can have as many forums as you want in the various forum modules - with categories etc.

2. You can edit the block to show on just the module pages, you want it to show on - if you set it to show on top page and all modules except the forum module, that should work fine.

leeloominae
  • 2004/9/30 13:33

• leeloominae

• Just popping in

Hi, thanks for your answer, it was really useful.

I know almost nothing about xoops, but I'm learning.

I want to have two forums because one will work as a forum itself, but the other one is only to post articles and I like the way the forums display things. I don't want the articles categories mixed with the other forums categories.

Regards,

Leeloominae

tedsmith
  • 2004/9/30 15:16

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

If you want an article management module, may I suggest the 'WF-Sections' module, available from www.wf-projects.com. They have just released a beta version of the latest module but there is a stable tested one - 2.1 I think the version is.

It is specifically for managing documents and articles. It is likely to suit your needs better than a forum would perhaps?

If you'd rather not use that and instead use a simplified version, enable the 'Sections' module from your basic XOOPS installation. Go to System Admin\Modules, and it will be listed at the bottom as an unistalled module.

Good luck

Ted

charpres
  • 2004/9/30 15:25

• charpres

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/9/4 2

Most certainly use the new WF-Sections module for your articles. It may be a bit daunting at first because of the complexity, but you will be very glad in the long run because of all the options you will have.

leeloominae
  • 2004/10/1 14:36

• leeloominae

• Just popping in

Thanks everyone for you help, I am downloading now WF-Sections and see what happens...

Regards,

Leeloominae

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (116 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits