sunadmn
users and goups ???
  • 2004/9/23 16:19

• sunadmn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/22

Hello once again all I am trying to figure out the users/groups inside XOOPS what I have done is created some test users and a few test groups but the question I have is how does one go about building a group and hten adding users to that group??? Is this possible in the system??

Thanks
-SUNADMN

sbkiller
Re: users and goups ???
  • 2004/9/23 16:29

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Can you explain in a better way? I can't really understand what are you trying to said.

This is important now to Xoops, starting now many people ask without any sense. You have to be specfic otherwise no one able to help you out.

JackJ
  • 2004/9/23 16:46

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

go to system admin->groups, click "modify", say for your "test" group and go to the bottom of the screen and add individual existing registered users into that group by selecting them, and then click add, and also set up the various access rights for blocks. modules and system admin if required by adding and removing checkmarks.

In system admin->edit users you manually can add as many users as you wish, and assign passwords etc

sunadmn
  • 2004/9/23 17:35

• sunadmn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/22

Ok great now you mentioned "manually adding users" is there another way of bulk adding users?? Also on a side note I am working right now on getting the LDAP auth hack to work and from the code it replicates a user into the XOOPS DB do you have any idea of how groups could be handled there??

Thanks for taking the time to answer me you have been a great help

-SUNADMN

Login

Who's Online

231 user(s) are online (152 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 231

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits