sunadmn
LDAP Permissions & USER/GROUPS help????
  • 2004/9/22 13:52

• sunadmn

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/22

Hello all I have just installed XOOPS on my lab system and I am looking for a few things. I have been testing phpWebsite for some time and it seems nice but the level of permissions I am looking for is not really there so with that said it's on to my questions.

LDAP: I have viewed at www.cmsmatrix.com that XOOPS has the ability to handle AUTH of a user via LDAP, but I have not been able to find this mod on the site anywhere can anyone point me in the correct direction? Also on a side note how will user permissions be handled with an LDAP auth??

Groups: I would like to be able to have a very fine user/groups system in place with the portal ( this is for a NOC webpage ) what I am looking for is the ability to spread permissions over a wide range of pages/docs on a user/groups level. With that said I want to be able to have groups like UNIX, NOC, NETENG, and IMP and then have users under these groups with only the ability to view docs in their group, but also be able to assign certain users the ability to view certain pages/docs that reside in another group. Is this possible in XOOPS??

IRC: Is there any sort of IRC channel for XOOPS, if so what is the server/channel for it??

Thanks
-SUNADMN

ackbarr
Re: LDAP Permissions & USER/GROUPS help????

For LDAP authentication use the Pluggable Authentication Service for Xoops2.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?forum=14&topic_id=19401

Group Management and permissions are not handled by LDAP, but rather using the XOOPS groups system in "System" -> "Groups".

As far as document permissions - modules like WF-Sections allow you to specify which groups can view/manage content, but permissions are done at the group level only.

There is no official IRC channel for XOOPS at the moment.

sunadmn
  • 2004/9/22 15:53

• sunadmn

• Just popping in

Ok I have done the listed features now I am looking for some examples of the imlementation of the service, i.e. the file called in the main file to start the auth method can you help with this???

ackbarr

not sure I understand what you mean completely, but if you are talking about how to switch between authentication methods:

in mainfile.php you should have:
define('XOOPS_AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE''xoops');

to use LDAP authentication change this to:
define('XOOPS_AUTHENTICATION_SERVICE''ldap');

sunadmn
  • 2004/9/22 16:08

• sunadmn

• Just popping in

here is what I am looking for samples of ( sorry I am very new to PHP and need a reference for this ) where are the samples at???

Simply said, for each authentication mechanism you want to support, you have to write one and only one file with an implementation o
f the following methods (see sample implementations for more details):

function &loginUser($uname, $pwd)
function &loginUserMd5($uname, $pwd)
function logoutUser()
function loginPage()
function checkLogin()

Save this file under /include/authentication_services/, reference it in mainfile.php and apply the hack to system files (cfr. sectio
n "How to use the apply the hack")

Also on a side note for the define line that I have to add to the mainfile.php where exactly should that go, inside the main IF statement or just at the top of the file???

Login

Who's Online

103 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 103

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits