risto
pure CSS themes and templates?
  • 2004/9/17 7:47

• risto

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/4/16

I'm intrested in a pure CSS theme and template set. Anyone know if this exists? If yes, could you point me in the right direction? If No. Intrested in joining me in making this?

Herko
Re: pure CSS themes and templates?
  • 2004/9/17 7:57

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Check out StudioC's posts and news items, he has done a LOT of work in this regard.

Herko

christian
  • 2004/9/17 8:16

• christian

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/2/24

You can see this links :

- a list apart
- position is everything
- Max design

Christian

JMorris
  • 2004/9/17 13:24

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Here's a theme I just released that uses pure CSS layout:2cnt Theme

I'm working on a template set for it as well that converts the XOOPS core templates and XOOPS default modules to pure CSS as well. It will be a little while before I release the set though.

You may also want to do a sercher for incama. Incama is extremely skilled with CSS.

Hope this helps.

JMorris

scorpy01
  • 2004/9/21 2:23

• scorpy01

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/13

I'm using your 2cnt theme and I'm having a problem. I tried to replace MyWebAuthor with my own site name but it won't show up. What file should I edit? I opened 2cnt.tar in a text editor and changed it there. I'm guessing that there's something else that I have to do. Can you help me?

JMorris
  • 2004/9/21 4:35

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Did you extract the files from the .tar archive first? .tar archives are like .zip archives, you cannot make changes to files while they are still compressed. You have to extract them first.

If so, all you need to do is open theme.html and edit the following code:

<div id="logo"><a href="<{$xoops_url}>/">MyWebAuthor</a></div>

The other possibility is that the "Read-only" attribute may have been set during compression. Right-click on the file and check the attributes (permission in *NIX). I'm using PowerArchiver to create .tar.gz files. I'll check my options and make sure it isn't setting the read-only attribute.

EDIT: I just checked the permissions on my server and I had everything set to chmod 444 (read-only) for that directory. Sorry 'bout that 'eh. I've fixed the permissions on the server. You shouldn't need to re-download, just remove the read-only attribute from the files.

Man, it hasn't been my week. Geesh! Sorry about all the problems.

scorpy01
  • 2004/9/22 21:00

• scorpy01

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/13

I've gone over everything you mentioned but I still can't get it to change. When I look at theme.html in cpanel's file manager, it has my website. When I look at the source code from my browser, it says MyWebAuthor. Isn't that strange?

Maybe I'm not meant to have a tableless design. Maybe the cyberspirits are sending me a message....

Thanks for you help, though. The design is so nice and clean. I'm sure I'm missing something that I ought to see clearly. I think I'm still recovering from this past weekend's floods here. I'll try again in a day or two.

tjnemez
  • 2004/9/22 21:19

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

can you post a link to your site?

JMorris
  • 2004/9/22 21:39

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

Hehe.... Sorry, I overlooked the first place I should have told you to look... Have you emptied your /templates_c directory? That's where your theme files are cached for fast retreival. Delete everything out of that directory except index.html. That should fix the problem.

Sorry 'bout that, 'eh.

Login

Who's Online

208 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 208

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits