BenG1
Embedding Flash in a Custom Block
  • 2004/9/12 0:19

• BenG1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/30

HOW DO I DO IT? I am using Swish, and I Exported the HTML for the .swf file. But when I insert it in the Custom Blcok..NOTHING Happens..I just get a black block and when I right click on the movie it says, movie not loaded. Can anyone help me please?

martyboy
Re: Embedding Flash in a Custom Block
  • 2004/9/12 1:20

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

Hi, I embedded a flash file on a custom block on a site i made see it here

You just need to use the embed tag, Ive never used swish before though but this is how I embeded a normal .swf file

<EMBED SRC="http://www.yoursite.com/theflashfile.swf" HEIGHT="height" WIDTH="width" </EMBED>

Hope this helps you out.

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/12 1:28

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Hi, I embedded a flash file on a custom block on a site i made see it here

More advanced:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,0,0" width="*CHANGE_HERE*" height="*CHANGE_HERE*" id="" align="middle">
<
param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
<
param name="movie" value="*CHANGE_HERE*.swf" />
<
param name="menu" value="false" />
<
param name="quality" value="high" />
<
embed src="*CHANGE_HERE*.swf" menu="false" quality="high" width="*CHANGE_HERE*" height="*CHANGE_HERE*" name="" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
</
object>

Make sure you look for "*CHANGE_HERE*" to apply your file name or size.

Hope this helps you out.

BenG1
  • 2004/9/12 1:30

• BenG1

• Just popping in

LOL Thanks. But I just used the Extended Code Hack in the download section to make life easier. But there is yet another problem that I just incountered. Since XOOPS has multiple pages my flash movie reloads if you click on a link. The Flash isn't anything more then a simple Audio Player with a Play and Stop button. Is there a way that I can make XOOPS a complete iFrames site? So that I can have my Blocks on the left and the content load in the center frame? If anyone can help me with this that would be GREAT!!!!

BenG1
  • 2004/9/12 1:32

• BenG1

• Just popping in

Hey yah thanks for the imput there sbkiller. That actually didn't work the first time when I tried that. I used Dreamweaver to insert the HTML into the Block, what all that I got was a white block. It was pretty strange.

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/12 1:34

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

Flash is extremely useful but is for adavance users.

You can make a 100% flash site and program with flash not just audio and play and stop button.

I'm going to learn it in my college, and I have already experience it with flash site.

http://www.maxmzone.com/modules/wiwimod/index.php?page=AboutUs

[edited]

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/12 1:37

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

Does your Flash thing work now? You know you can make it transparent background.

The code I just gave you include a disable menu which make it more simple. So other people can set the quality mode etc. All you see it's About Flash etc.

BenG1
  • 2004/9/12 1:38

• BenG1

• Just popping in

I am pretty good with Flash. The actual designing part..I can make a full Flash site no problem. But I have never made a XOOPS flash site. I suck at PHP it would take me so long that once I was finished. XOOPS 2.08 would be out lol

sbkiller
  • 2004/9/12 1:43

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

lol,

If you got the basis structure like getting information on SQL you can do anything with it.

BenG1
  • 2004/9/12 1:54

• BenG1

• Just popping in

yah..I got it to work

www.replicaryen.com

I just want to make my XOOPS all iFrame..Now I gotta figure out how that is done

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits