orezero
Does XOOPs's news editor allow WYSIWYG controls with Mozilla?
  • 2004/9/11 13:35

• orezero

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/30

I have been trying out the XOOPS demo at OpenSourceCMS and here, and I can't seem to make any of the editor's formatting controls work with Mozilla 1.7 on the PC. Why is this? Am I doing something wrong? Is it possible that XOOPS is not configured appropriately for *my* needs, and that I will be able to configure it differently should I deploy it myself? Or does this editor want to work only with Internet Explorer?

I am hoping to build a site for a school where the staff uses mostly Macs, so the PC version of IE is not going to be available to them. I'd like them to be able to add content to their site and to format it even though most of them are not particularly computer literate.

Are there editors available that will allow the users of non-IE browsers on both PCs and Macs to have functional formatting controls in Xoops? And, more to the point, are there such editors that can be installed without my having to mess around with PHP?

Thanks...

hervet
Re: Does XOOPs's news editor allow WYSIWYG controls with Mozilla?
  • 2004/9/11 13:43

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Hello,

Welcome to Xoops.

Most "advanced" editors only runs with IE but someone of the dev team is working on a new editor, Kiovi. Someone else have ported fck editor (use those two words in the search) but actually it's not more powerfull, with Mozilla than the actual editor.

I have found this extension, for Mozilla, very useful :
http://jedbrown.net/mozilla/extensions/#BBCode

Bye,
Hervé

Login

Who's Online

441 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 441

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits