vinit
WF-Section Vs Soapbox
  • 2004/9/9 10:55

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

I am confused which one to use to articles management. WF-Section looks good but has tones of bugs, though devs are working very hard to get it fixed but still find it difficult to use on the site.

Soapbox on the other hand looks good simple and sobber. Havent tried much of it. Can some one give me comparision and suggest which one to use.

Finally is there anyway to take Contents from WFSection to Soapbox. (I already have wfsections working on my site, thinking of migrating it to soapbox)

hsalazar
Soapbox -- an improved release
  • 2004/9/10 5:01

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

vinit:

WF-Section is a general articles management module, and despite its bugs, it's a very powerful tool. Soapbox is a columns management module. It's not that powerful, because it was designed with simplicity in mind and with not many bells and whistles.

It's been ages since I last updated the module, and I apologize to all XOOPS users for this delay. There is now a final RC3 for version 1.5 over at the dev's site:

http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1020

I'll wait a week for bug reports, correct whatever's reported and by September 20 will release version 1.5 final. Honest.

Cheers.

PS: This release includes too many changes to mention, and it includes no documentation. You'll have to play with it to find the improvements. I hope you see this as an incentive rather than a disuasive thing.

carnuke
Re: Soapbox -- an improved release
  • 2004/9/10 6:46

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Vivit,

There is a current bug-free version of wf section that jackj has released. I have installed and used this on 3 sites. and it works very well. go tohttp://macambridge.com and its in the downloads. PS Jackj supports his versions

Richard

vinit
Re: Soapbox -- an improved release
  • 2004/9/10 10:03

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

i am still waiting for the update script of the new version wfsection 2.0

Other that the new version still doesnt show data articles in sorted order on the main page.

TheFinni
Soapbox and Spaw
  • 2004/9/14 0:09

• TheFinni

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/25

I am trying to find information on how to include the Spaw editor in SoapBox. Does anyone know where I could find it?

I found a link a while back that claimed the mod. but the link was outdated.

Please inform if you know. :)

Thank you!

sbkiller
Re: Soapbox and Spaw
  • 2004/9/14 0:52

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

To enable the spawn you will have to CHMOD all PHP files into 755.

Then it will work. That spawn is a additional plugin into the module.

sbkiller
Re: Soapbox and Spaw
  • 2004/9/14 0:52

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

is in your SoapBox module.

TheFinni
After trying Wiwi now interested in HTMLarea and Soapbox
  • 2004/9/14 3:00

• TheFinni

• Just popping in

Thank you sbkiller,
I can't seem to find Spaw in my module? I downloaded the latest version of Soapbox here:

download

but that package didn't come with Spaw.

I have Spaw with the news module but can't figure out how to integrate the two.

If you have a more current version of Soapbox with Spaw, could you please e-mail it to me?

My e-mail alias is: webmaster

and the domain for my e-mail is: flagstaffbiking.org

By the way, I had a look at your web site and I like the design a lot!

I also found out about the wiwi module and I installed it to see what it does. I REALLY like the HTML area but couldn't figure out how to manage articles in the admin side? For some reason I can manage the articles in the user side???

Strange...

Anyhow, now I am leaning more towards using the HTML area in Sopbox. If I could manage to do this my world would be perfect! :)

Please let me know if you think of any solutions.

Thank you,

Thomas

YourHelp
Re: After trying Wiwi now interested in HTMLarea and Soapbox
  • 2004/9/14 3:03

• YourHelp

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/6/9 6

I would recommend wf section. We have a valuable member here who created it and knows his stuff so it has a good future. It powerful module takes some learning to use tho.

TheFinni
WF-great but like the simplicity of Soapbox
  • 2004/9/14 3:47

• TheFinni

• Just popping in

Hi YourHelp,
Thank you for your help. :) I like the WF modules a lot. They are very professional. But I am striving to create a user friendlier admin panel. Something that even my parents could figure out. Now that's a challenge! *ha,ha*

Basically I have been using the news module with Spaw but always wished I could get an article image that you would upload while creating the article. Kind of like you would do when creating an image. I like the fact of having an HTML editor but it's difficult to get users to post their articles so that images are the right sizes etc. etc.

The Soapbox module is great because it offers this ability. You can edit the templates and make it lok just the way you want.

Now, if I were to make a web site for myself I would probably go with the WF-sections.

Thanks anyhow!

Thomas

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits