me11o
showcase website. is it possible
  • 2004/8/24 9:57

• me11o

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/24

I've been searching the net for a php content management system that will allow me to upload images but also php/html files containing .swf, .mov, .wma, .wav, .dcr, .dir files for viewing by my friends but as yet i haven't seen anything other than cms's that upload images.
any help whatsoever would be appreciated.
thanking you in advance

mel

wtravel
Re: showcase website. is it possible

Hi,

I am not sure which file types can be uploaded but XOOPS uses a downloads module you could use. With each uploaded file you can state a description and you can give access to the module only to your friends for example by placing them in a user group that has access to this module.

If (and only if) a file type cannot be uploaded, then I suggest to zip it and then upload it. In that way you can use the download module as it is.

Regards,

Martijn

Catzwolf
Re: showcase website. is it possible
  • 2004/8/24 10:17

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

me11o wrote:
I've been searching the net for a php content management system that will allow me to upload images but also .swf, .mov, .wma, .wav, .dcr, .dir files for viewing by my friends but as yet i haven't seen anything other than cms's that upload images.
any help whatsoever would be appreciated.
thanking you in advance

mel

There is only one download module that will allow you to up load those type of files easily enough but they won't be able to 'view' them as such (well until they download them).

You can try WF-Downloads 2.0.5a (link below).

WF-Downloads v3 will be a full blown media management tool. You will be able to a lot more than just upload and download =)

Login

Who's Online

425 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 425

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits