astrix
Xoops Persistent Connections to DB?
  • 2004/8/19 21:19

• astrix

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/16

I got this e-mail from the admin of the webpub server I have my XOOPS site off of:

we noticed that XOOPS uses persistent connections, and doesn't do a great job of closing them. We had an instance today where your app had all of the MySQL connections and other people's web sites went down because of it. Could you please make this change to your code:

this line: define('XOOPS_DB_PCONNECT', 1); needs to be changed to:
define('XOOPS_DB_PCONNECT', 0);
in main.php

Is this a bug? I'm not up on the XOOPS core code, but I switched it back to 0 from 1. Maybe it might have been me reloading and logging in/out so many times that caused all the connections to be used up. But regardless, I don't think I had so many sessions open. Plus, it was only me on the site, it's closed to everyone else so far. Any devs know what's up?

brash
Re: Xoops Persistent Connections to DB?
  • 2004/8/19 22:28

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'm not a Dev, but if you are using a shared hosting service, then I'd recommend that you don't use persistent connections as it consumes more resources. When you run the install script for Xoops, you are asked wether you want to use a persistent connection or not, and this sets the option in the mainfile.php

Login

Who's Online

472 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 472

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits