sdmacint
Officer Listing for Organizations & Contact Information
  • 2004/8/18 14:04

• sdmacint

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/9

Hi Gang,

We are using XOOPS for our Masonic Family Web Site. I would like to see a module where the secretaries of individual organizations (Lodges) can update their own lists of officers and contact information. We currently use flat HTML files (XFSection Module) for this content but I would like to have the secretaries of the individual groups update the information themselves and they are very "low-tech".

The information is pretty basic. There are 6 different types of organizations and each type has their own officers and titles. For example: One type of body is known as a Constituent Lodge. It has the following list of officers:
Quote:
Worshipful Master
Senior Warden
Junior Warden
Treasurer
Secretary
Senior Deacon
Junior Deacon
Chaplain
Director of Ceremonies
Historian
Senior Steward
Junior Steward
Inner Guard
Tyler

Other bodies have a different number of officers with different titles. For example, the Knights Templar is as follows:
Quote:
Presiding Preceptor
Constable
Marshal
Registrar
Treasurer
Sub-Marshal
Guard
Chaplain
Captain General
Captain of the Guard
Almoner
1st Standard Bearer
2nd Standard Bearer
Sword Bearer
Historian
Organist

As you can see, the names and number of officers may change between the organizations. I would like the module to detect what type of organization it is and present the secretary with the appropriate list of officers. The secretary can then type in the name of the person holding the office in a blank field next to each title. In addition, if an email address is known, there should be a field for this as well.

The only other information I would like the secretary to input is the contact information for the body.

If you want to look at what we're doing now for the flat html files, please check out the Constituent Lodges section of our site.

My question is, do you think this would be a difficult module to create? I am not a programmer but I may be able to draft one of our members into service. Is there a module already out there that does something similar that we can use as a guide? What documentation exists which can help someone with the creation of this module?

Any and all information is greatly appreciated!

Sean

mrgym
Re: Officer Listing for Organizations & Contact Information
  • 2004/8/23 12:29

• mrgym

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/4/26

This may have seemed a bit of a niche application, but I'm surprised there haven't been any suggestions. This information could be used for ANY type of club or organization.

From your constituent lodges section it looks as though there would have to be tables containing;

club information
- (club) name
- clubtype ( your note from above)
- year established
- year of membership count
- membership count
- meeting day
- would be great to refer to a calculated calendar display
- meeting location
- meeting location URL? (maps.yahoo.com)
- address ( all fields below for contact info)
- city
- province
- postal code

officers
- title
- first name
- last name
- email (probably not from XOOPS users table)

clubtype
- name of type

clubtypetitles (clubtypetitles related to clubtype)
- title (to populate title dropdown for officers)

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (71 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits