djsckizo
"Why do you need my email address?", they ask....
  • 2004/8/11 2:59

• djsckizo

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/5/9 8

So...what's your answer?

With sites like BugMeNot.com requesting accounts for people to use, and sites like Mailinator.com giving away junk email address to use for sign up purposes (their message board uses Xoops, I might add), I thought it might be a good idea to put something in my FAQs about why an email address is required. Here are the answers I could come up with:

Quote:
Because, if something major with the site changes, you will need to be notified. I hardly ever send out email though. To date, I think I've only sent 3 mass messages out, one of which was a Happy Holiday's message during Christmas.

Also, when you use the site, you have your own account. If for some reason you forget your password and need it emailed to you, where the hell will it get sent if you don't have a valid email address?

YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS WILL NOT BE SOLD OR GIVEN AWAY!

If, however, you screw around and start breaking the "don't do anything illegal" rule, it will be included with your IP address when I send it to the FBI.

Note: Don't try getting around this. Using a service like Mailinator will just insure you get banned.

Just curious as to what others thought of services like this, and what you tell people when they ask.

rossi
Re: "Why do you need my email address?", they ask....
  • 2004/8/24 22:14

• rossi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

Just to say that I absolutely agree...

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits