alitan
In the Newer version of xoops every webmaster(also main one) can be deleted,
  • 2004/8/10 7:19

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

Hi
in the last version of xoops(2.0.6) no webmaster could be deleted, but now in the newr version every webmaster could be deleted(2.0.7).
Now i have the following problem: i want to add a webmaster to my site, and i want to give him the rights of deleting other users from webmaster gorup or other groups, how ever i if him this permision, he can delete me too, in the last version when you wanted to delete a webmaster it would give you a blank page, without changing the database,but now it will delete every webmaster.
in other portals such as e107 there is a god (main) admin who can not be deleted and other admins can delete easily.
but now in the XOOPS newr version, every admin can be deleted,what should i do to give the other webmaster the rights, to delete other users from other groups and of course webmaster list but not me,i have tried this by another user i created and i add it to the webmaster list, and after i loged on by the other user i could easyly delete my the other acount,
i also should include that my first acount has the uid of "1" and when i created this site it was the first user and of course webmaster.

Thank you
Best Wishes
Alitan

Bender
Re: In the Newer version of xoops every webmaster(also main one) can be deleted,
  • 2004/8/10 8:30

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

This shouldn´t really be an issue or?

1. i wouldn´t give anyone admin status of whom i would think he would possibly delete me

2. With the slim chance someone got admin access who deletes my account i would just go into the database and restore my group setting

m0nty
Re: In the Newer version of xoops every webmaster(also main one) can be deleted,
  • 2004/8/10 13:23

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

lol catch 22 here..

in the previous version every1 was complainin cos webmasters couldn't be removed.. fix it and now u get complaints that they can be removed.. lol

not to say it's a bad or good idea, but like Bender said..

would you give some1 a loaded gun and stick an apple on your head and tell him to shoot the apple if you didn't trust the person?

same thing here, it's your site, u should only give users admin rights if you really trust them and know them..

and even friends can be nasty when u fall out with them, but really you should know whether that friends can still be trusted in certain respects..

the best way is create a 2nd group and give that group only the permissions you want them to have..

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits