peterr
Karate_Redux template dropped the left columns
  • 2004/8/7 6:47

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Hi,

This is my first install of a template/theme, so no doubt I missed a step, but when I installed the karate_redux template via admin, and then uploaded the "karate_redux_blue" theme, adjusted via admin, the theme and template to "karate_redux..", when I refreshed the browser, the new template appeared, but it didn't include the left hand columns/block (menus).

Here is the generated source code:

<td id="leftcolumn">
<!-- 
Start left blocks loop -->
<!-- 
End left blocks loop -->
</
td>

Any clues ??

Peter

brash
Re: Karate_Redux template dropped the left columns
  • 2004/8/7 7:53

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

(1) In the templates manager, make sure that all templates have been generated for that template set.

(2) Make sure "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" is turned on

(3) Goto your modules admin section and do an update of each module, or you can just clear you template_c directory although it is a little more brutal (but quicker)

(4) Is it only the karate_reduc template you are having trouble with?

peterr
  • 2004/8/9 1:03

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Hi,

Quote:

brash wrote:
(1) In the templates manager, make sure that all templates have been generated for that template set.

Yes, the numbers for this new template were exactly the same as the numbers for the default template.

Quote:

brash wrote:
(2) Make sure "Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?" is turned on

before I posted this topic, I did look at that option a number of times. It reads like this:

Quote:

Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?

If this option is enabled, module template .html files will be updated automatically if there are newer files under the themes/your theme/templates directory for the current theme. This should be turned off once the site goes public.

The 'newer files' didn't make sense. Yes, if there is a 'new' template uploaded/installed, then the files are newer, based on datetime stamp, but the option didn't make sense, to me, if , for instance, I had 3 or 4 templates, and wanted to revert back to an 'earlier' one. The way I 'read' the option was that it only worked, or was only valid, if the files are newer, because it does say 'newer files' ??

Anyway, selected 'yes' on that option, and changed the template and theme back to the 'karate_..', but the left hand menus have disappeared, as before, see:

http://jehoshua.net/index.php

Quote:

brash wrote:
(3) Goto your modules admin section and do an update of each module, or you can just clear you template_c directory although it is a little more brutal (but quicker)

Did the update of each module, still no left hand menus.

I can easily delete the files in that path, but for now, I'd rather let people see what is happening.

Quote:

brash wrote:
(4) Is it only the karate_reduc template you are having trouble with?

I've only just loaded XOOPS, and that template is the only one that I have installed.

Thanks,

Peter

peterr
  • 2004/8/9 1:41

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Hi,

I notice from here:

http://www.jehoshua.net/templates_c/karate_redux_blue%5etheme.html

a line of code for the left block:

$this->_smarty_include("karate_redux_blue/theme_blockleft.html",

but there is no file called that ? Also, I rechecked the ZIP file, called "xoops2-thm_karate_redux_blue.zip" for the theme, and there is no file by that name (the ..._theme_blockleft.html ) in the ZIP file.

Any clues where the 'very latest' theme would be for this, to download again, please ??

Peter

peterr
  • 2004/8/9 3:07

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Hi,

Just downloaded the file again, fromhttp://www.xoops-themes.org , however even though the site states:

Quote:

Contient :
4 gif (dont shot.gif)
1 jpg
3 css
6 html

there are only two .html files.

Peter

Bassman
  • 2004/8/9 3:32

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

peter,
you SHOULD have:
theme.html
theme_blockcenter_c.html
theme_blockcenter_l.html
theme_blockcenter_r.html
theme_blockleft.html
theme_blockright.html
in the zip file

i have a copy of the theme you are using, but i've modified it :(

brash
  • 2004/8/9 3:33

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Hi Peter,

I'm actually the author of the karate_redux_blue theme, and to be perfectly honest I can't remember a great deal of the details as it is well over a year now since I created it. As flattering as it is that you've choosen it, I wouldn't say it is the cleanest XOOPS theme around, or the most technically competent. If you do want to use it, then I'd suggest just using the default template. Ackbarr is the author of the karate_redux template, and although my theme is based on his karate_redux theme, it is not exactly the same.

Bassman
  • 2004/8/9 3:38

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

You did that theme? I never knew that.
I based some of my themes on the karate_redux_blue theme, but I don't think I changed any of the html files, just the images and CSS.

brash
  • 2004/8/9 3:50

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

Yeah, I made it. Ackbarr did help me out a bit. I'm not suprised you had to alter the CSS, it didn't even know how to spell it back then, let alone code it

Bassman
  • 2004/8/9 3:53

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

*LOL*

Nah, it was fine, just changed it to suit my color scheme ;)

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits