palmquist
Adding a Member Log In box to site
  • 2004/8/3 7:53

• palmquist

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/3 7

All im asking is if anyone has the coding for my problem cuz i need to be able to add a login box for memebers that has lost password, register, user, and pass. i'll admit rite now im new at this kinda stuff and thats y im asking but i need to know how to add a registering page for ppl who even want to register cuz with out that there would be no way for them to even get a user name (i think im rite so far but not sure so if im wrong go easy cuz im new)so im kinda asking 2 things and i'll simplify it here: 1- i need a login box with all the stuff listed and 2- a little help on how to make register page so that when they clik the register link if they dont have a user name it will take them to that site and they will register and be confirmed so they can actually get into the better stuff on the page. And one more thing how do u restrict parts of a website to only be used by members. And just to let everyone know before they get to into this i am using a freesite so i dont know if that will effect anything. thank u so much in advance, i kno im asking alot but it would be a great help and start for me to learn! thanks again.

dheltzel
Re: Adding a Member Log In box to site
  • 2004/8/3 12:25

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

All of this is already there in the default installation, unless it is explicitly turned off in the admin menus. If you log out and don't see a login box, perhaps you should try re-installing from the beginning.

palmquist
  • 2004/8/3 21:11

• palmquist

• Just popping in

well see i am building my site and i cant get any of those htings i listed to work properly. i didnt have to install anyhting, so i dont know where your getting at but ive already been logged in and out from the host site that i am using many times since this problem and nothing has changed. im using one of those sites where u clik on 'build site' and some options will come up one being 'file manager' which is a cgi-bin i dont know if your talking bout going into there and turning the default stuff off but ill go check everything rite now to make sure im rite and ill get back to u if i notice something else. but thans for the help, with the little knowlege i have about this stuff this could work so thanks

palmquist
  • 2004/8/6 6:04

• palmquist

• Just popping in

hey if anyone knows this answer it would be much help because i dont kno how to link the register button to my own site so wen ppl want to register they can. see rite now i have the code for a member login box with all the stuff but i cant make it work because i dont know how to link that part to my site without errors coming up saying it does not exist. my site is http://www.getithere.s5.com please check it out so u can tell me wuts wrong wen u clik the register button or any button associated with that. thank your for the ppl that actually took there time to help me with this one

Darrell3831
  • 2004/8/6 6:27

• Darrell3831

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/5 1

I'm very new to XOOPS and if I'm stepping on anyone's toes I'm sorry.

But,

Palmquist, you apperantly don't have XOOPS setup quite right on your site. I visited the link you gave and there is no index.php file in your root directory.

Only that index.html file that loads the html file by default.

If you installed XOOPS in a subdirectory and you want to keep your current index.html file, then you'd need an tag in the index.html file for guests to click on to load XOOPS wherever it's installed.

If indeed it's in a subdirectory you can jump there directly if you know it's proper name.

http://www.getithere.s5.com/WHEREVER_ITS_AT/index.php

The earlier advice to reinstall seems appropriate in your case...

Darrell

Login

Who's Online

477 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 477

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits