elvir
INACTIVE USERS
  • 2004/8/3 7:15

• elvir

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/4 1

I've searched it, there's no anything like this here in forums.

Simple question: Would it be possible to AUTODELETE all inactive users, let's say, after 3 months of inactivity?

Thanks

irmtfan
Re: INACTIVE USERS
  • 2004/8/3 12:27

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

good qestion.
i think a big weak point in XOOPS is automatic tasks specially with users.
you cant delete users or email them automatically.
hope developers work at this in next version.

Herko
  • 2004/8/3 12:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

The problem with automated actions is the same as with the who's online block: there's no way a PHP script can execute itself after a certain amount of time (other then using cron-jobs). What it can do however, is check if a certain amount of time has passed since it was last executed.

I don't know if this will make XOOPS 2.1, but a solution would be to schedule tasks, and when the admin enters the admin panel, the scheduled tasks that are due are shown. The webmaster can then select to execute them, or cancel them, or leave then 'to be executed' at a later time. That way these tasks are semi-automated, and the check is only made when accessing the admin section, thus cutting down on the queries that need to be made to check if the tasks are due or not.

Herko

irmtfan
  • 2004/8/5 13:11

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

maybe take a trick for this. for example every time click on administration menu by webmaster that php execute and delete inactive users or email or ...
[edit]
but your idea is really smart Herko. i love it
[/edit]

another automatic task is put approval for groups , edit username and .... for example user can edit his/her user name but approve by admin and then set.
and any idea for automate is very important to save time.
thanks in advance

fnog
Triggering missed tasks
  • 2004/8/5 14:06

• fnog

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/2 2

Why not putting a missed tasks function somewhere in the header file to check for missed tasks on every user action?

The downside would be an little overhead on every page execution (depends on the complexity of the code).

If scheduled time is reached, tasks could be executed without any output, so that it would be invisible to the current user that trigger it (though without knowing it )

Another downside would be the time taken by those tasks. Maybe the user would start his computer if they would take too long to execute and for him to get the page requested. Maybe the footer section would be the right place to put de code!

I hope I could make myself clear...

Regards,

Login

Who's Online

214 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 214

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits