billfarr
New Convert
  • 2004/8/1 18:42

• billfarr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/25

Please pardon the cross-post; this category is probably more appropriate. Here's my story:

My old Nuke installation was croaking and I evaluated all the alternatives. XOOPS wins hands down!!! All the things that were broken or hazardous in Nuke have been fixed and the new features are everything I hoped for.

Every one.

Needless to say, I'm impressed. It took approximately eight man-hours to move a site with a lot of photos, comments and stories over to XOOPS. It all works. Every bit of it. My viewers are ecstatic -- that translates to ME being ecstatic It took only a little searching to figure out how to tweak the themes. The modules are easy to configure, security has the very tweaks I need, the very way I want them.

The administration panel is da Bom. The blocks take a little getting used to -- rather like a Chinese Puzzle. Once ya get the hang of it, it's really rather impressive design.

And the code in XOOPS is neat. I despise messy code and it's apparent the XOOPS author(s) take the job of maintenance seriously and with pride. It's as pleasurable to read on the back-side as it is pretty to look at on the browser.

After a single day's porting effort from Nuke, I've already put the revamped site online and the users are already sending nice emails. For a change

You're welcome to look in athttp://shrublet.todayzgraze.com .

Thank you, XOOPS team!
Bill

davidl2
Re: New Convert
  • 2004/8/1 19:34

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

An unusual slant on the political sites i've seen recently... The shrublet seems to be quite a traveller :)

billfarr
  • 2004/8/3 19:10

• billfarr

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/25

If prankin' grownups are your cup of tea, LOL. I had a ball putting the site together but I'm ready to start on my own site now. I've got a huge genealogy site with loads of scanned documents that's running Nuke and Geneweb. Geneweb was handy for what it did at the time, but it's a booger to hack. I've done a load of hacks for GW, but it's stretched as thin as it will go. I'm looking for a good XOOPS genealogy module... wish me luck!

Stewdio
  • 2004/8/3 20:04

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Looking good!

Login

Who's Online

221 user(s) are online (136 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 221

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits