msink
Need pages to use relative, not absolute URLs
  • 2004/7/31 4:41

• msink

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

Im using XOOPS with the osCommerce module and SSL. osCommerce is using SSL, but xoops, with its one and only XOOPS_URL is not. The issue then becomes that when only part of the pages is accessing the server via https (osComm) while the rest (xoops) is loading things via http, I dont get a clean SSL lock, and just get messages saying some things are not secure (NS7), or a quick glimpse of the SSL key (IE).

Is this a XOOPS issue, or a template issue. I am brand new to all this, but when I look at templates, i see things like:

img src="<{$xoops_url}>/images/icons/reply.gif

I dont want that! leave the xoops_url out of my links.

Can I just get XOOPS to not do this, or do I need to change all templates, or do I need to try this:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=thread&topic_id=13171&forum=21&post_id=69661#69661

I actually did that earlier, but reverted back to the original files. It wasnt working, though I may not have had everything else setup, but another guy working with me got a Error Updating the database, so I figured Id better go back.

Anyway... surely someone is using XOOPS with SSL (without encrypting the ENTIRE site)

Any help appreciated.

Mark

snow77
Re: Need pages to use relative, not absolute URLs
  • 2004/7/31 4:51

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

these kind of things get complicated when working oscommerce as XOOPS module.

One solution could be to use oscommerce as a stand alone application and not as a module, make a theme for it exactly as the one you have for XOOPS (to keep the same type of graphical design) , make a link to it from xoops; that way you wouldn´t have to mess around with the code that much and add to oscommerce what ever other oscommerce modules you need for it.

there could be other solutions...

msink
  • 2004/7/31 20:21

• msink

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

Thanks man... we jumped into this very quickly, and went with the osc module because we didnt know a better way to integrate the 2. Anyone else have an idea how to strip these out?

Mark

rowdie
  • 2004/7/31 20:51

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

I changed the main.php file so I could use the real url in links. I just made REAL_ROOT_PATH and REAL_URL variables, and where $xoops_url/$xoops_root_path was set I also set $real_url/$real_url variables. Then in the modules I use the one I need.

I mainly use it for links to images which are in a folder outside xoops, so I don't know if this has other xoops-specific consequences. Thought I'd mention it though, in case it's useful.

p.s. use the main.php file from the server, not the one that you originally uploaded. Probably unnecessary to mention this, but I'd rather say too much than too little :)

-Rowd

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits