user999
Restrict register new user to one domain
  • 2004/7/30 6:49

• user999

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/12

I am using XOOPS v2.0.6 for an intranet. I would like to restrict registration for new user to only one domain address. Ex. @xyz.com. Is it possible to check the email address when a new user registers so that only the mentioned domain name would be accepted?

I know that there is an option to ban email address in the system-preference, but it would be difficult to enter all the email address there. Instead if I could enter only which address to allow registration it would be nice. Can someone suggest how I could do that.

Thanks

Herko
RegEx expert needed
  • 2004/7/30 7:42

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

user999 wrote:
I know that there is an option to ban email address in the system-preference, but it would be difficult to enter all the email address there. Instead if I could enter only which address to allow registration it would be nice. Can someone suggest how I could do that.

The RegEx that states which e-mail addresses aren't allowed can be modified to state 'everything is disallowed, except xyz.com'. I'm not a RegEx expert, but the 'except' regex is [^xyz.com]. Perhaps someone with regex experience and knowledge can help you with constructing the correct expression for this?

Herko

user999
Re: RegEx expert needed
  • 2004/8/4 2:23

• user999

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/12

Hello,

Well I tried to test the above expression [^xyz.com] on my site, but it gives me "ERROR: Invalid email"
when new users register. It doesn't seem to allow any email address. I put this expression in the
Enter emails that should not be used in user profile in the User Info Settings. Am I correct?

Is there anyone who has used a regex to restrict user to a single domain? Would appreciate some help here.

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits