Dralt
Questions about the default template set...
  • 2004/7/29 22:03

• Dralt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/31

Hi,

Is the default template set (XOOPS Default Template Set) designed to conform to a specific standard?

HTML 4.01, XHTML 1.0, XHTML 1.1?

This question is important because it would be illusory to try to develop, for instance, XHTML 1.0 themes based on the default template set, if the default template set is not XHTML 1.0-compliant.

I will check the templates and try to find out. It's not so simple since templates are mostly fragments with no DOCTYPE declarations.

I would like to know if anybody thought about that and if there is a common agreement on that matter...

Regards,

Dralt

brash
Re: Questions about the default template set...
  • 2004/7/29 22:48

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Oh wouldn't it be great! I suggest you have a talk to StudioC of www.xoopsfactory.com . He is the only person I know of (there might be others) that has generated XHTML complaint sites. From my very small understanding of it, it can be quite an involved process.

ackbarr

Since the templates are actually just portions of the complete XOOPS site, it is right that they don't have any doctype declarations. The XOOPS core themes and modules use the XHTML 1.0 Transitional DTD for validation. Any issues in the bundled or system modules should be reported on the Xoops Sourceforge Bug Tracker so they can be handed to the appropriate developer. If there are issues in 3rd party modules / themes, the best course of action is to contact the developer directly with your results/changes first.

Best of luck!

Dralt
  • 2004/7/29 23:26

• Dralt

• Just popping in

As I said, templates are fragments and, indeed, it is normal that fragments don't include DOCTYPE declarations.

However, if any default template includes something like "<br>", which is not well-formed XHTML, I cannot create a XHTML theme based on the default template set.

That was my point.

Based on your answer, I will assume the default template set respects XHTML 1.0 Transitional.
Therefore, if my theme also respects XHTML 1.0 Transitional, no template should cause validation to fail.

Thanks for your input.

Dralt

Dralt
  • 2004/7/29 23:27

• Dralt

• Just popping in

I will try to contact StudioC.

Thanks!

Dralt

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits