skyrider
Installing themes badly
  • 2004/7/28 23:53

• skyrider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Twice I've installed themes - twice the screen has blanked and I've had to adjust the site thru phpadmin to make it visible again

Clearly I've not a clue how to install the themes correctly, where do I look for the *correct* way??

skyrider
Re: Installing themes badly
  • 2004/7/29 3:30

• skyrider

• Just popping in

ok - found the dummies guide and I have been doing the 'right' things... and yet the site blanks out!

What else could be going wrong??

Bassman
  • 2004/7/29 3:48

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Which themes?

skyrider
  • 2004/7/29 6:07

• skyrider

• Just popping in

Quote:

Bassman wrote:
Which themes?

One was your light_blue but I wrote you an email about it today as well... the other was fiapple.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong but god knows what... should be simple enough after all :)

Bassman
  • 2004/7/29 6:10

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

So you would think :) I got your email and replied.... Have you tried to view the source of the page after you get the blank page?

skyrider
  • 2004/7/29 7:42

• skyrider

• Just popping in

Quote:

skyrider wrote:
Quote:

Bassman wrote:
Which themes?

One was your light_blue but I wrote you an email about it today as well... the other was fiapple.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong but god knows what... should be simple enough after all :)

Bugger... I reinstated the old theme... I'll go screw the site up again and have a look :)

skyrider
  • 2004/7/29 9:10

• skyrider

• Just popping in

well *that* was silly.... now the site is still blank even though I ameded the table to 'default'. Even went back and amended it to 'phpkaox' but it didn't help.

Site gone....

by the way - the 'blank' page contents are below

===========

========================

nothing in it

skyrider
  • 2004/7/30 8:31

• skyrider

• Just popping in

Ok... after several panics - I managed to get 'Admin' to reopen and got the site to display agin.

However this still doesn;t address the problem which is that the site blamks out when I change the theme... **every** time I change the theme!

I've seen this issue reported in here time and time again so am now wondering if this a bug - or are theme designers assuming some fixed path that doeasn'tr exist on all pinstallations?

Either way... any suggestions on how to get other themes working on my site please??

Chris

Bassman
  • 2004/7/30 9:34

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

Theme designers would use relative paths, so that themes work on all "standard" sites. if you've changed something, it may have caused a problem.

it could be that your XOOPS install is corrupted somehow. i've had the same thing happen before, for no apparent reason. maybe it would be better to delete your site and start again? i know it's a pain :(

skyrider
  • 2004/7/31 11:46

• skyrider

• Just popping in

Quote:

... maybe it would be better to delete your site and start again? i know it's a pain :(

I think that rather underestimates the feeling

Actually I haven't changed anything... and the same thing has happened on another site I used this install file for...

Maybe I'll try updating the core to 2.07 first.... who knows... it may fix it :)

Login

Who's Online

356 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 356

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits