chrometuna
Make it GO AWAY!
  • 2004/7/27 14:38

• chrometuna

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/24

Im having problems making the "Recent Topics" and "Most Viewed Topics" blocks, or whatever they are DISAPEAR from my pages.

http://www.topekadiy.com/xoops/modules/newbb/

I dont want them, dont need them, and they break my page by making it too wide.

As far as I am concerned, they are kind of silly and redundant...as anyone who is concerned about new and recent topics can just look at the forum.
(Although I wouldnt mind making those blocks show up in say, a SECTION page, and no where else.)

Ive tried changing the settings in "modules" and "blocks" etc...but they just keep showing up and annoying me.

Please help me? Please?

Cheers!

ChadK
Re: Make it GO AWAY!
  • 2004/7/27 14:44

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

You should go to admin, system, blocks
Set the blocks to Visible: NO.
If they still show up and bug you, go to admin, system, groups
edit the three groups and remove access to those blocks completely.

JMorris
  • 2004/7/27 14:51

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

In Blocks you'll see several radio buttons that indicate where on your page the blocks will sit. They are in order of left column, left center, center, right center, and right column. First, change the settings to center. After you submit your changes, click on the edit link for the block you want to change the settings on. There is a scroll box next to "Visible in". Select what pages you want the block visible in, then click submit. Now, when you go back to the Blocks admin page, the block's options won't be visible. This is because the blocks admin page shows only the blocks visible in either All Pages, or Top page. To view your settings for a particular page, click on the drop down box next to "Show blocks visible in" and select the appropriate page.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Yeah, and what ChadK said too.

chrometuna
  • 2004/7/27 15:08

• chrometuna

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/24

Ohh...I have been such a FOOL!

Thanks guys!

I went
Blocks Administration>
Show blocks visible in> Forum

And found the radio buttons and ticked them appropriately.

Now I just wish I could bring my old phpbb2 forum into xoops, and have it display inside a section, or something like that?

(or import all of its users, posts, catagories etc)?

Cheers

JMorris
  • 2004/7/27 15:17

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Check the downloads section of this site and the sourceforge repository. There is a hack to migrate your phpBB forum and users over.

CAUTION: Practice this on a development server BEFORE you put it into your production site!

When I first started using Xoops, I used this hack to migrate over a phpBB forum to XOOPS and I lost ALL of the forum posts because of a mistake I made.

Login

Who's Online

445 user(s) are online (68 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 445

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits