guitardude
Is XOOPS W3C accessible?
  • 2004/7/27 6:28

• guitardude

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/11

Hi,

I'm in process of doing analysis for a site redesign and was referred to XOOPS by a friend. I'm impressed with the features it offers and easily see how it could save a lot of development time. However, as one of the requirements for the new design is that it be W3C accessible. I've been looking in the forums to see if anyone else has posed the question but haven't found any posts yet.

So, is XOOPS W3C accessible and if not, could it easily be made accessible?

XOOPS is a fine system and I'm sure that I will be using it for future projects.

Thanks,
guitardude

cgranade
Re: Is XOOPS W3C accessible?
  • 2004/7/27 8:56

• cgranade

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/13

I'm sorry. I don't understand what you mean by "W3C accessible." Do you mean compliant with the applicable W3C standards? Then, it depends on the theme, template set and on the modules. Do you mean compliant with W3C accessiblity guidlines? Then, again, it depends on the theme, template set and on the modules. Personally, I'd love to see XOOPS come out of the box XHTML compliant, but some problems with XOOPSCode would have to be fixed first... but, I digress. If you just respond with more details as to the requirements, then mayhaps I or someone else on the forums will be able to help.

guitardude
Re: Is XOOPS W3C accessible?
  • 2004/7/27 22:56

• guitardude

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/11

Yes, you are on the right track. What I meant was whether or not XOOPS does (or can easily) be modified to meet the W3C accessibilty guidelines. This question was posed as I am involved with a site redesign and the end user has requested that the new site conform to W3C accessibility standards. If it can easily be done and we can build custom modules quickly, I am leaning toward using XOOPS since much of the work has been done for the modules the site would need.

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (87 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits