Basie
Hacking the forum template
  • 2004/7/23 11:27

• Basie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/3 2

We wanted to make some adjustments to the look of our NewBB forums, particularly oursite.com/modules/newbb/viewforum.php?whatever... So I made some subtle markup changes to modules/newbb/templates/newbb_viewforum.html. Upload, hit F5. Nothing, no change.

Right, sez I, it's cached somewhere. I emptied out templates_c and hit reload. Still nothing.

What am I missing here? Am I even editing the right file?

Herko
Re: Hacking the forum template
  • 2004/7/23 12:05

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

There's a very logical explanation for this. And it's been sitting in the XOOPS wiki for a long time now Also, this has been answered a few times before on these forums.

Templates are stored in the database, so you can edit physical files all you want, but it won't have any effect (as you rightly pointed out). Go to system admin -> templates to edit any template you want. Note that in order to edit the default template set, you have to clone it first, and edit the cloned set. Don't forget to make the cloned set the active one on the system admin -> preferences -> general settings page.

Herko

Basie
  • 2004/7/23 22:00

• Basie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/3 2

Aha! Thank you Believe it or not, I did search fairly carefully through the forums but must've used the wrong keywords.

Mithrandir

Since you *have* changed the templates

a) Make sure you use the default template set in general settings
b) Update the module through modules admin - this will regenerate the templates in the default template set

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits