dtauto
editing the news and other module pages
  • 2004/7/10 15:39

• dtauto

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/4 0

what files do i need to edit to change the look of the news module and the way the articles are displayed? i'm assuming that all of the files for the layout of the modules are in one directory, so if i know where the news module files are held, i'll find the rest.

thanks in advance.

Herko
Re: editing the news and other module pages
  • 2004/7/10 17:40

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

the way content is displayed is managed by templates which are stored in the XOOPS database. This means that you don't need to edit any physical files to change this.

In your system admin panel, go to Template Manager. The default template set is not editable, this is to have something to revert to if your own template fails to render correctly. To change the way the content is shown, clone the default template set, and edit the news templates of the cloned set.

Good luck!

Herko

dtauto
Re: editing the news and other module pages
  • 2004/7/10 19:57

• dtauto

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/4 0

it's a great community when one of the chief developers responds to a user's small concerns. since you've responded, i gotta tell you that i think you've done an outstanding job with xoops. the whole development staff deserves kudos and if money weren't so tight right now, i'd happily donate money to the cause.

this is the exact reason i chose XOOPS when i was deciding which cms to go with. total community friendliness and participation.

thanks for the info and great job on the cms!!

Login

Who's Online

261 user(s) are online (169 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 261

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits