ChadK
Forum features
  • 2004/7/9 18:51

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/7/9 1

I know.. search first but I tried and didn't find anything specific. I'd like to see the forum module have at bare minimum: New Since last visit, Your posts, Your threads, Your Watchlist

I think they're self-explainatory.

Bender
Re: Forum features
  • 2004/7/9 19:47

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Check this thread.

newbb development

It contains a link to the demosite of NewBB 2 which will replace the current one.

DonĀ“t ask for a release date but it should be expected within the next months.

davidl2
  • 2004/7/9 21:30

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I've really got to make an attempt to convert from my phpbb bbpixel forum back to newbb - via the hack that was published not so long ago....

ChadK
  • 2004/7/10 20:53

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Thanks Bender, I knew I saw a bunch of that someplace but in searching, I couldn't narrow it down. My mind is meager, your wisdom is great. ;)

ChadK
  • 2004/7/16 18:35

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Ok, so I went to that thread, read it and all but still .. where is NewBB 2.0 then? Even a beta? It's been a LONG time and my users are really complaining about the forum. They want to view new since last visit at the very least and they don't like that all of the forums show new messages in them even if they've logged in 100 times since the message was originally posted.

It's a pain in the butt.. even on this site to read the new posts, I find I have to go into each forum and look at the dates of each thread to see if I need to read it or not. How hard can it be to create a page that shows the latest threads in X days?

Stewdio
  • 2004/7/16 19:53

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

The newbb 2 beta version can be found here.

This release is NOT ready for production sites yet. Do NOT use this module if you have a userbase already, wait until final.

There currently is NOT an upgrade script for this module, many features are still not working or setup yet and it requires some bug fixing on your own to get it working properly. Using this beta release may BREAK your system, use of this version is at your OWN RISK.

The new version will be the crowning jewel of XOOPS modules and a signifigant amount of work has already gone into implementing new changes and adding new features. This release also introduces some changes to some of your CORE FILES. These changes have NOT yet been added to the XOOPS core.

Having it bugfixed, installed and running on a site I am currently developing, I can say that this module is well worth the wait. If you are afraid of problems and not comfortable with making changes on your own, I seriously suggest waiting for final.

No date has been set for final release, so there is little use in asking.

XOOPS users can view the project on the dev.xoops.org site.
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/?newbb

ChadK
  • 2004/7/16 20:35

• ChadK

• Quite a regular

Quote:
Having it bugfixed, installed and running on a site I am currently developing, I can say that this module is well worth the wait. If you are afraid of problems and not comfortable with making changes on your own, I seriously suggest waiting for final.

Perhaps I'm being dense, but if you have it bugfixed and running, is that version available? If it's working for you, it'll work for me ;)

Login

Who's Online

154 user(s) are online (100 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 154

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits