ladysham
Never before seen error message
  • 2004/7/9 2:39

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Has anyone gotten this error message when trying to register on a XOOPS site? I had someone register on one of my sites, and emailed this to me.

---------------------------
You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation.
--------------------

I know it probably means that a change has been made by my host. Any ideas on what it could be? I have an email into them too.

Thanks!

Kelly Ling

NEVER MIND! Thanks!!

Mithrandir
Re: Never before seen error message

Quote:
NEVER MIND! Thanks!!

That means it is solved?
My guess would have been incorrect email settings, caused by a host making a few changes.

ladysham
Re: Never before seen error message
  • 2004/7/9 10:58

• ladysham

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/11/11

Actually - I had changed the settings in the mail users area because I couldn't send out emails to all my users (which I still can't do). However, now, I can register, it says it has sent an activation email, but I never receive it. I have a trouble ticket open with my hosting company.

What is really strange to me is that it appears to happen on some sites I have hosted with them and not on others. I'll post the resolution here when I get one.

Kelly Ling

Login

Who's Online

305 user(s) are online (70 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 305

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits