gordy
Sharing a profile across different communities
  • 2004/7/8 20:55

• gordy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/8 2

Currently the company I work for has 8 communities written in thrown together php code. Is there anything we can do to tie the profiles of all the users together so one profile is good for 8 sites?

I'm really interested in this and will write it if it doesn't exist.

Thanks

koertzen
Re: Sharing a profile across different communities
  • 2004/7/10 10:24

• koertzen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

I think that there are a lot of people interested in this type of functionality.

One possible solution that I'm interested in pursuing is using XoopsForge (Novell Forge). The link takes you to a sub-community site for SUSE (linux).

Of course SourceForge/XoopsForge was built for the code-development communities, but the basis is there for expanding the concept.

My dream community site (which hopefully XOOPS can evolve into! :) would be something like this:

1) Ability to host multiple communities with a single user login capability. (OR maybe someone who knows SOAP really well could build a permission-based service for XOOPS kind of like Microsoft's Passport service. Now THAT would be cool. You could apply for permission to join a site either for the site only or using a XoopsPass ID!)
2) Would include a bulletin board site that is integrated with mail like Yahoo Groups. Novell Forge uses MailMan which as a crappy interface... not very user friendly. And besides, I'd like to see an integrated module!
3) A decent calendaring program that can allow public/private/group access to items based on categories. Must also have ability to import and export ics. In addition, it must have a location field, a contact name and address field, FUNCTIONAL recurring events, AND a decent reminder feature. Ideally with customizable reminders.
4) A decent integrated newsletter management system (to email users a custom HTML email that is archived... should be separate from the news and bulletin board modules). Should be fairry simple to do, but currently seems to be eluding the XOOPS community as a whole.

I guess if a community site could do all of these things, only THEN will I need to start considering other requirements!

Login

Who's Online

159 user(s) are online (110 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 159

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits