wtravel
World Travel Site - finally operational

After months of development ( I sometimes wish I did not have a fulltime job ) finally I finished the site enough to open it to the public. I used the standard modules forum and contact and added a few custom made modules destinations, terms and an amazon module based on an existing script.

Also I added a custom users module in which users can add and edit their own address and review their contributions (other than links). Users can only view and edit their own addresses and contributions.

Have a look and please let me know what you think and what could be improved.

(In destinations South Korea and Namibia you can already find a few interesting links and articles)

Regards,

Martijn

albania
Re: World Travel Site - finally operational
  • 2004/7/7 14:13

• albania

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 1

Nice website
I liked the destinations module
Do you offer it for free?
Pls PM Me
Regards

wtravel

Thank you. The destinations module is not to be distributed. I am considering to make the terms module and the users module available for download if enough XOOPS users are interested. For the users module it also means that a few extra actions need to be performed in the system module, so on every update this needs to be repeated.

I planned to adjust the Amazon module so that it can act as a book review module as well for members to the site and I am willing to make this module available to the XOOPS community. However, I will most likely not be starting on this before 2005.

Regards,

Martijn

tjnemez
  • 2004/7/7 16:06

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

looks like you have done lots of customization, well done. one question: being that the user registration does not have a template, how and where did you customize the form?

albania
  • 2004/7/7 16:55

• albania

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/5 1

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
Thank you. The destinations module is not to be distributed.

Can I buy it?

wtravel

Quote:
looks like you have done lots of customization, well done. one question: being that the user registration does not have a template, how and where did you customize the form?

You can edit the form in the main include folder by editing the file registerform.php. It uses built-in functions to create a form.

To edit the layout for a standard form (xoopsform) go to your class/xoopsform folder and open the file xoopsform.php. In the function render() you can edit the html that is used for the form.

WARNING: changing this changes every form created with that function.

I think it would be a nice improvement for a template to be used in future XOOPS releases.

Regards,

Martijn

tjnemez
  • 2004/7/7 18:57

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

yes i have been there, but will take another look.

i am told future releases will have a template.

thanks

xpider
  • 2004/7/8 13:44

• xpider

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/5/9 2

Wow some of these new sites are really starting to take on a new look I like it, Looks Great =)

bjbtexas
  • 2004/7/14 0:13

• bjbtexas

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/3 2

I love the Destinations. Are you sure you wouldn't consider offering it to buyers?

wtravel

The destinations module is not for sale and it is not a module that stands on his own. A lot of custumization in the core had been done as well to make it work, so I would not even recommend you this module for that matter

But even if it would be a stand alone module I would not sell it in the near future.

Regards,

Martijn

Login

Who's Online

211 user(s) are online (147 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 211

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits