sebanja
Help Please.
  • 2004/7/3 21:50

• sebanja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/3 2

Hi guys am new to this but please help me.As soon as i log in to administration, i get the message below

WARNING: File /home/bitunde/public_html/mainfile.php is writeable by the server.
Please change the permission of this file for security reasons.
in Unix (444), in Win32 (read-only)

and i don't know what to do.

tjnemez
Re: Help Please.
  • 2004/7/3 22:37

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

using your control panel provided by your hosting company, you need to go to file manager -> public_html and set the permissions for you mainfile.php to 444. do you use cPanel. if so just click on the text "mainfile.php" this should give some options in top right column. hope this helps.

sebanja
  • 2004/7/5 3:54

• sebanja

• Just popping in

hey thanks you idea worked. However i have another issue.
How do i change the the setting for in the top right corner. the XOOPS support and xoopsfaq so that i can put my own text and links. Also how do i change the top part with XOOPS so that i can put my own image or leave it blank.
here is my site
thanks in advance.
www.bitunde.com

tjnemez
  • 2004/7/5 9:04

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

you change these in your theme.html of the current theme you are using. so once you edit your theme.html locally, upload to your server.

Note: Remember to effect all changes you must go to Sytem Admin -> Preferences -> General Setting [edit] -> and set "update module template.html..." to yes and then select go at bottom of screen. This will update your site to effect all changes (remember to go back once settings have taken effect and set same to no and update once again).

sebanja
Mo help
  • 2004/7/5 18:17

• sebanja

• Just popping in

Yo dude thanks i updated the file directly by changing the link text and link itself and saving the file but on doing the update thing.Nothing has changed.I am kind of flabbergasted.Sorry to bug you but thanks

later

tjnemez
Re: Mo help
  • 2004/7/5 18:28

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

is this the code you changed?

<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td class="tabOff" onmouseover="this.className='tabOn';" onmouseout="this.className='tabOff';"><a href="http://bitunde.com">Home</a></td>
<td class="tabOff" onmouseover="this.className='tabOn';" onmouseout="this.className='tabOff';"><a href="https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/">XOOPS Support</a></td>
<td class="tabOff" onmouseover="this.className='tabOn';" onmouseout="this.className='tabOff';"><a href="https://xoops.org/modules/xoopsfaq/">XOOPS FAQ</a></td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

sebanja
Re: Details on actions taken.
  • 2004/7/5 20:44

• sebanja

• Just popping in

Yes this is the exact code i changed.Even when i go into back to make sure that it was saved with the changes, the changes i made are still there so i don't know why it still won't change the Links or the text.What i did i went to file manager went into public_html then to themes selected x2t since its the one i am using and went into the theme_html folder, edited the file and saved this.I did all this i think on the server since the host i am using just get the XOOPS files and puts them on the server directly without having to ftp them. i saved the changes to ght file.
Went back to general setting, changed the theme_html thing to yes, clicked go and then went back and sed no and sed go. but still no changed.I am totally stumped.
That is also what i did for the mimical seeting in the agendax files for the image url but it still goes to the chinese website when clicked so i don't know why the changes are not being implemented as i want.

tjnemez
  • 2004/7/5 21:08

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

are you using cache? sometimes you need to remove files from directory templates_c

tomama
  • 2004/7/5 21:16

• tomama

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/1 6

Maybe you just have to set the option in

system - preferences - General Settings - Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? from NO to YES - this should work.

Or as a workaround I copied the complette theme I was using to a new name and then switiched it. This also worked. But the above should work too!

davidl2
  • 2004/7/5 21:17

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Make sure the templates_c directory is writable as well....

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits