radiox151
Installing Avatars
  • 2004/7/1 17:30

• radiox151

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

OK, I downloaded the XOOPS avatars, unzipped and I see alot of folders with avatars, including a .sql file. How do I add avatars to Xoops? I know how to upload them, just dont know how to integrate them into xoops. Im sure I have to run this .sql statement somewhere/somehow, but just dont know how. Can someone please help me with this? How do I run the .sql statement so it will add the uploaded avatars?

ian-m
Re: Installing Avatars
  • 2004/7/1 18:15

• ian-m

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/29

You'll want to read through the sql file and make sure the database information is correct for your system. In short, if you've got an sql file you can either login to your database with "mysql -u your_user -p 'your_pass'" and then once at the prompt, you'll want to "USE your_xoops_db;" and then "SOURCE '/path/to/file.sql';" Alternatly, you can add the "USE your_xoops_db;" to the sql file and then just run "mysql -u your_user -p 'your_pass' < file.sql" at the shell level. If you don't have this kind of access with your hosting provider, then I'm not sure how you'd go about doing this, you'd have to check your documentation.

In my attempts to learn php and MySQL I ended up writing a sql script generating php script to add avatars to the XOOPS database automatically. If there's interest I'll make this available :).

Hope this helps.

radiox151
  • 2004/7/1 18:25

• radiox151

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

Yes, I would definitely be interested in the script! Maybe Avatars should be a module?!?!

ian-m
  • 2004/7/1 18:42

• ian-m

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/29

I'll go ahead and make some modifications to it then and put a tarball online. It's not integrated especially nicely into XOOPS or anything, but it did work for me. I'll see what I can do to make it more user friendly in the next hour or so (the beauty of being unemployed ). Check back later and I should have a download URL with instructions posted. Also, there's a hack someone made:https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=15945&forum=14 but, I didn't find that until after I finished my script. I'll still make my stuff available online though in the hopes someone will think it's useful

Login

Who's Online

247 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 247

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits