fredgsanford
installing modules?

Can somebody point me in the right direction?
I am new to XOOPS and love the portal system!(best one I tried yet)

I want to learn how to install new modules.
I know where I can download them, now I need to know how to properly install them myself if possible?

All help greatly appreciated.

Herko
Re: installing modules?
  • 2004/6/30 10:37

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Hi Fred, and welcome to our community!

Installing modules requires some basic knowledge on using FTP, but that's it. Here's what you do:

- unpack the module package to a folder on your local harddrive;
- fire up your fav FTP application and connect to your website. Navigate to your site root/modules/.
- in the local files window of your FTP application, browse to the folder containing the module files. Click as deep in the module tree as you need to go, untill you see a xoops_version.php file. This file should be located in a folder with the name of the module (eg. mydownloads/xoops_version.php).
- Drag the folder containing the xoops_version.php file (in the example mydownloads/) to the modules/ folder on the server, thus creating the website root/modules/mydownloads/xoops_version.php structure (for example). Make sure that there isn't an extra folder in that path (eg. modules/mydownloadsRC2/mydownloads/xoops_version.php), as that will break the install for the module.
- Make sure ALL files and folders, and subfolders in that modulename folder are uploaded to the server.

I hope that is clear enough.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

256 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 256

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits