tedsmith
Immediate Installation Failure - lots of errors
  • 2004/6/22 12:42

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I have just set-up IIS6 on our network with the intention of using XOOPS as an internal CMS (an Intranet). I've set-up the domain on IIS, plugged PHP into it, and installed MySQL.

Trouble is, when I uploaded the html folders content to the root folder as instructed, and then typehttp://fct.local I get a couple of erros stating that

"Warning:main(/path/to/xoops/directory/include/common.php):failed to open stream. No such file or directory in D:\cms.fct/mainfile.php on line 60"

then on the next line

...all of the above but ends with "(include_path='.;c:\php4\pear') in D:\cms.fct/mainfile.php on line 60

(D:\cms.fct is simply the name of the web folder.)

If I tryhttp://fct.local/install.php it reports back saying simply 'No input file specified'.

Can anyone help me with horribly newbie question displaying my failure at the first herdle!

jlm69
Re: Immediate Installation Failure - lots of errors
  • 2004/6/22 12:59

• jlm69

• Module Developer

• Since: 2002/7/19

I'm not familiar with windows servers but it sounds like a permission problem. did you set the permissions to the 3 folders, uploads, templates_c, and cache. And the file mainfile.php to be writable, in linux it would be chmod 777

Another thing there is no install.php file in the root of xoops2, or are you using 1.3.10?

tedsmith
  • 2004/6/22 13:06

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I think you've cracked it! The version I used was from a while ago - and yes, it was 1.3.10!! That, and the fact that there are a couple of the folders you mentioned missing - may have something to do with it!! I'll get the latest version immediately and try again.

I'm a div - thanks

jlm69
  • 2004/6/22 13:15

• jlm69

• Module Developer

If you want to use 1.3.10 you need to set the following permissions

chmod 666
- modules/system/cache/config.php
- modules/system/cache/mainmenu.php
- modules/system/cache/adminmenu.php
- modules/system/cache/badips.php
- modules/system/cache/badunames.php
- modules/system/cache/badwords.php
- modules/mylinks/cache/config.php
- modules/mydownloads/cache/config.php
- modules/xoopspoll/cache/pollsblock.inc.php

chmod 777
- images/avatar/users/
- modules/xoopsfaq/cache/

tedsmith
  • 2004/6/22 13:46

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I didn't want to use that version - it was an old copy on my pen drive. Totally forgot to check the latest version. Got the new version and the installation worked a treat, except when I got to the database creation. It said it can't connect to the SQL database. I think this is because I've not configured it correctly on the server. I installed MySQL on the c:\ drive, and the web root is on the D:\ data store. I think its looking for the database in the same location?

I'll look into it, but if someone know the answer to this then please let me know. I'm looking at using phpMyAdmin

jlm69
  • 2004/6/22 13:57

• jlm69

• Module Developer

The simple things sometimes forgot.

Did you create the database in mysql?
Did you create a database user?
Did you associate the user with that database?
Is MySQL running?

Other than that I'm not familiar with Windows servers.

tedsmith
  • 2004/6/22 14:25

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

SQL is running (mysql-nt.exe) as a service so that's OK.

I didn't create a database which I know sounds stupid, but it says on the XOOPS installation page under 'Database name' that 'Xoops will try to create the database if it doesn't exist'. Because I wasn't sure whether the database has to be in c:\mysql\ or in D:\fct.local\database (for example) I thought I'd give that a try. Clearly it didn't like that.

Do you know where I should try to create it? C:\ or D:\. If D:\, when I use the command CREATE DATABASE fct how do I tell it to create it in d:\cms.fct rather than c:\mysql?

jlm69
  • 2004/6/22 14:32

• jlm69

• Module Developer

Look at this thread it might help you.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=20089&forum=27#forumpost86942

tedsmith
  • 2004/6/22 14:34

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Not using Apache. Using IIS6. Can xsas still work on IIS? I thought it was Apache only.

tedsmith
  • 2004/6/24 11:29

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

For those people that may have had the same problem as me, I did eventually solve it.

I uninstalled MySQL from the server, removed the file 'my.ini' from the Windows folder, deleted any remains of the MySql folder after its uninstallation and re-booted the server.

I then re-installed it and went straight to c:\mysql\bin\. Typed 'mysql' and at the prompt created a new database (create database cms;). Then exited the DOS shell and launched winmysqladmin.exe. I used the username of 'root' and a suitable password and waited for the application to start (indicated by a green light in the taskbar). I did nothing else. Went downstairs and tried the XOOPS installation again using 'localhost', 'root' and 'the password' and heypresto!! It worked.

Thanks for your help earlier guys. Got there in the end.

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits