domineaux
Mydownloads - will we ever get a competent mod
  • 2004/6/21 12:44

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

I've been watching for information on a competent downloads module for over a year. I'm amazed it has not be competently addressed, especially with the core module.

What is really important about a good DL mod?

1) Acquiring uploads from users via the site, with minimum efforts from the webmaster is important.

2) Webmasters can't just open up and allow users to put up files without being able to review the uploaded files.

3) Webmasters can't run a myriad of emails back and forth working through issues with users for uploading files.

4) Putting up a linkage for downloads like is currently done with the XOOPS may work fine with a large community of competent users. Still, it is still a lot of extra work for the webmaster I'd think.

5) Permissions for users is critical to avoid security and bandwidth abuse issues.

I tried the mydownloads RC2.2 awhile back. It appears to still be buggy as heck. I was getting select boxes all over my site, something global or other.

Mydownloads threads have always created a lot of interest on these boards. I am amazed that there just has never been enough priority for someone to really get with it and produce this mod.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits