Speed
Tabs Mod -- How to Display Only to Reg'd Users?
  • 2004/6/15 21:09

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Using the tab mod, how would I word the query to only allow registered users to view some tabs? Basically, if they can't access it I'd like to make it invisible to them.

For example, if I have a calendar for registered members I have it set with the following:

Tab Name: Calendar
Parent: ROOT_PATH
Link: modules/agendax/index.php?op=cal
Condition: $dirname=="agendax"

I'm sure it's a simple addition of a query to the condition line but without a sample or two for me to learn from, I'm afraid my SQL/PHP knowledge is too limited.... I'd be curious as to what conditions others have selected.

Mithrandir
Re: Tabs Mod -- How to Display Only to Reg'd Users?

The condition is to decide whether it should be _highlighted_ - not to decide whether it is shown or not.

I do think that TabMod is not meant to be different from one usergroup to another. Either it is there or it isn't.

However, I guess it is possible to make it just a different display of the main menu, but as it is now, each tab and sub-tab is available to everyone able to view tabs.

Speed
Re: Tabs Mod -- How to Display Only to Reg'd Users?
  • 2004/6/15 21:52

• Speed

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/18

Ah, thanks for the info. Bummer.

It makes for a nice compact alternative to the standard user menu. I'll play around with it a bit then. Very strange coming from using phpNuke where I had no real groups abilities and didn't miss not having them to XOOPS where I now find groups indispensible for everything and wonder how I coped before.

Login

Who's Online

284 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 284

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jul 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits