brklyn8900
Need help desperately
  • 2004/6/7 15:31

• brklyn8900

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/28

I have been working on my XOOPS site for two weeks now and I cannot figure out how to display my front page in the middle box. I looked all through he XOOPS forums and help links and am not able to get it to work. I have a front page I designed in dreamweaver and I would like for it to display when visitors first come to the site. The site is here

www.kellyeastman.com

This is the site for my band and I am not a programmer but I have been working with dreamweaver for a while now.

I tried pasting the code into the middle box and that did not work. I got it to work once but it displayed the same page for each module and I don’t want that.

I would greatly appreciate some direction.

Thanks

dukehen
Re: Need help desperately
  • 2004/6/7 15:39

• dukehen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/12/9

Well, here would be one suggestion I would humbly offer.

If you want to do it via db/cms administration, I would go into your admin panel, go to blocks administration and add a new CUSTOM block. You can tell XOOPS on which places to show this block, and to what type of users.

Then, you can put whatever you want in this block.

Just a thought...

JohnCVermont

I concur with dukehen as well.

I was involved in a thread which touched upon the issue you are wrestling with right now. As I gather more references, I will post them in this note.

One of many ...How to post static HTML content in Xoops?

The above thread may be of some use to you. As previously mentioned, you can create a custom block via the Adminstration module and edit your new custom block to make it visible, position it on your front page (center-middle perhaps), then you can decide how to plunk your HTML code into the block. You could cut 'n' paste the code & "whack it in" or you could add reference to another webpage on your server. That way you could easily maintain this page in Dreamweaver without having to pop in&out of Xoops. I am certain that some of the Elite Xoopsters (Xooperati, perhaps? ) have developed some nice tips, tricks and hints exactly for this type of thing.

This is a nice general topic/FAQ item.

Xoops Wiki Page regarding static HTML content (I found it...yippee)

Best Wishes,

ybouan
  • 2004/6/7 17:47

• ybouan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/13

Use the Tiny Content Module and make it the front page module...

brklyn8900
  • 2004/6/7 18:08

• brklyn8900

• Just popping in

WOW! you guys are good.

I added a new block and pasted the line <iframe src="https://xoops.org" height=500 width=500 frameborder=0></iframe> inserted the path to my index page and BAM! it works like a charm.

And this makes it easy for me to update the html pages through dreamweaver.
Thanks

JohnCVermont

brklyn8900 --

Let us know how that technique works in the long haul... ie. the DreamWeaver for static content creation/maintenance in junction with a custom block.

Rock on!

brklyn8900
  • 2004/6/8 12:48

• brklyn8900

• Just popping in

Sure,

Thanks for the help.

brklyn8900
  • 2004/6/8 19:45

• brklyn8900

• Just popping in

I seem to have another problem; I can’t get the block with the static html to display on the firs page (before signing in).
It only displays once the user signs in.

I went to the system administration panel and under blocks I choose anonymous and I can’t see the block I created. When I create a new one it doesn’t show under anonymous.

Am I doing something wrong?

Here is the site again

kellyeastman.com

darapera
  • 2004/6/8 19:56

• darapera

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/22

You need to go to admin->groups under guests, check that custom block to make it viewable to guests.

brklyn8900
  • 2004/6/8 22:34

• brklyn8900

• Just popping in

That did the trick, thanks.

But now I have another problem. I must have disabled the menus on the right hand side and I cant get to the administration anymore I can log in because I had another window open with the login page displaying but there is no way to get to the admin page.

Login

Who's Online

288 user(s) are online (186 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 288

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits